By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The original Resident Evil 4 (Cancelled)

Don't know if any of you has seen this.

This was the original GC game RE4, before turning into the 3rd person shooter.
It looked simply astonishing. At Capcom's forums, one of the admins said that if Capcom were to make a new RE game for the Wii it could look better than this.

What do you think? They should have released both games, this one looks so fucking amazing.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network

Yeah that looked awesome but sadly it was never done…

it was kind of too slow though

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

this looks better the what was released

^ umm no

Now that's what a resident evil game should be like

Also, as far as i know it's just a demonstration of the engine, not an actual game. That's why there are ghosts instead of zombies.

Oh if only they released a game like this instead of killing resident evil...

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Around the Network

Whoa that looked awesome. I hope they would make another RE game and use that style, it's basically classic RE style but looks MUCH better. Honestly I wouldn't be mad if they made an RE side story that was kinda crap if it played like that, just for nostalgia purposes.

MaxwellGT2000 - "Does the amount of times you beat it count towards how hardcore you are?"

Wii Friend Code - 5882 9717 7391 0918 (PM me if you add me), PSN - MaxwellGT2000, XBL - BlkKniteCecil, MaxwellGT2000

I could've sworn at one part I was watching Movie Mode. I wonder what that weird blur effect was about during the video.

I see why the Wii is the definitive version for Quicktime sequences. Going back to the GC controls seems so outdated now.

Those graphics were awesome. His coat and that ghost coming out of the wall...

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

Flow said:
Now that's what a resident evil game should be like

Also, as far as i know it's just a demonstration of the engine, not an actual game. That's why there are ghosts instead of zombies.

Oh if only they released a game like this instead of killing resident evil...

No it was the the actual game they later on changed it to what we have today

R.I.P Mr Iwata :'(

Wow... so much scarier.... more weird happenings a la Eternal Darkness (ghosts out of pictures and weird shit babies) than plain old zombies.

looks really scary,