By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Epic: Our games don't appeal to the Wii's crowd.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
iFlower7 said:
Too many hard feelings in this thread :P

This thread is crap. Bunch of gleeful fanboys trying to rub it in the wounds of Wii owners. I expect nothing less. Shoulda never posted here. My sword alone could never smite this darkness. Ah, to wield the mighty banhammer, and bring justice to this land.

Wii owners don't have wounds with the market share that Nintendo holds right now. Many companies will be coming their way, just not Epic, thats all. The only companies warring with each other about wounds is Microsoft and Sony.

Around the Network

Many companies will be coming their way, just not Epic

That's a littlebit optimistic. As long as the top-ten not Nintendo titles for the Wii are (this weeks sales)

Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
Big Beach Sports
Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock
Carnival Games
Sports Party
Game Party
Lego Indiana Jones: The Original Adventures
Deca Sporta
Wall-E
Boom Blox

Lots of companies will come and make minigame compilations for the Wii .

ok that was mean. But you should give it to Cliffy that he doesn't see much demand for his sort of game. And to be honest this applies for many other 360 and PS3 developers as well.

I think much depends on how well

Call of Duty5, Force Unleashed and even the Conduit will be doing on Wii. If they are huge successes other developers may make games like them.

Wow Kyros just killed the thread using the top10...

Time to Work !

Kyros said:

That's a littlebit optimistic. As long as the top-ten not Nintendo titles for the Wii are (this weeks sales)

Big Beach Sports
Carnival Games
Sports Party
Game Party
Deca Sporta
Wall-E
Boom Blox

ok that was mean. But you should give it to Cliffy that he doesn't see much demand for his sort of game. And to be honest this applies for many other 360 and PS3 developers as well.

Call of Duty5, Force Unleashed and even the Conduit will be doing on Wii. If they are huge successes other developers may make games like them.

Yes, yes, thats fascinating. The 3rd party support could be coming anytime within its lifetime. If developers are smart and are looking to make a game which they believe appeals to the Wii demographic the door is open. Anyway, Call of Duty 5 will have the same engine as 4 which has the unreal engine, so it looks like they ARE getting a little taste of the good stuff, wouldn't you say?

S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kyros said:

Big Beach Sports
Carnival Games
Sports Party
Game Party
Deca Sporta
Wall-E
Boom Blox

Yes, yes, thats fascinating. The 3rd party support could be coming anytime within its lifetime. If developers are smart and are looking to make a game which they believe appeals to the Wii demographic the door is open. Anyway, Call of Duty 5 will have the same engine as 4 which has the unreal engine, so it looks like they ARE getting a little taste of the good stuff, wouldn't you say?

Errr no it doesn't. Infinity Ward used their own engine IIRC.

Tease.

Around the Network
Cougarman said:
Soriku said:
Epic ARE assholes.

Luckily I don't care for whatever they make so I wouldn't buy it anyway.

exactly, i am more interested in the suda51/mikami project

haha have fun playing that game nobodys ever heard of while i'm playing the awesome games epic makes such as Gears of War 2 and Unreal Tournament III, as well as their future titles. 

I am Ted Nugent

Cat Scratch Fever

Kyros said:

Big Beach Sports
Carnival Games
Sports Party
Game Party
Deca Sporta
Wall-E
Boom Blox

Well call of duty 5 won't be good for any system since its treyarchs version of the outstanding series. It'll suck for all consoles. Force Unleashed should do okay and Conduit can't do much worse than No More Heroes.

I am Ted Nugent

Cat Scratch Fever

S.T.A.G.E. said:
steven787 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Barozi said:
steven787 said:
@Barozi: It's ok, I'm just in a bad mood.

Once your on the site long enough, you'll know all the arguments and counter arguments. It's more of a chess game. I know what both sides of this argument are going to post before the argument starts. The resolution is a slip up that often keeps the argument going.

no problem. I just woke up, still a bit tired and forgot about the resolution....

He shouldn't go on the way he does (LOL). Getting angry like that I mean, heh. For someone pre-law I would've thought he would've had a better argument. Then again...the control scheme he showed was creative yet still pretty funny.

The fact that I'm getting ready for law school is the only reason why I notice that stuff like that and why everything I post in an argument is cited (or can be).

I play the Nintendo fan, because I own a Wii right now... but I don't really care.

If you look deep enough into my ppost history you'll see me on all sides of the argument. Just like a lawyer.

My favorite one is why the Xbox has better graphics than the Wii. It basically boiled down to this.

Paraphrased:

What the hardware is capable of is irrelevant, if very little of the content shows those capabilities.

Last time I checked, Lawyers take sides.....for a handsome fee...sometimes not so handsome at all. Either way I respect the fact that you are a gamer. I love the Wii, I just don't feel that shooters are it's strong point. I don't believe you've realized that yet from my posts.

(Note: I'm not a lawyer, I'm not getting paid by anyone, and I'm not in law school yet. My experience with lawyers has proven to me that the one who can see both sides, predict the opposing stategy, and prepare a counter strategy is the one who wins.)

I respect your opinion. 

The bolded part works for graphics.  It also works for what your talking about.

This is what bothers me about Nintendo fanboys.

Yes the Wii is capable of better graphics.

Yes MOH:H2 and MP3 have a great FPS control scheme.

But where are the games?

Capable doesn't matter if it's not doing it.  It's a like a sports car with cheap tires or a big screen 1080p TV with bunny ears and a PS3 hooked up with composite cables.  It doesn't matter what the specs are if it's not being used to it's potential.  Potential doesn't mean shit.  (That goes for Wii and PS3 owners, they always talk about potential)

I love my Wii, but I'm not trying to pretend it has a great FPS line up.  I'm saying it could, but it doesn't. I have my doubts (and hopes) about both the Conduit and COD5.  I want CoD5 to be good because I like the Wii control scheme.  But in the end it doesn't matter for me very much.  I plan on having all three consoles again soon and I have a really great PC.  For Wii-only gamers I'm sure they might care a bit more than me. (Also, I don't like too many shooters anyway)

I'm watching HD fans saying there are no games for them. Fine.

I see Nintendo fans saying, but look at all these games.

These threads go on for hundreds of posts.  It's very amusing.

As far as Epic goes, they make plenty of money making HD games.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

Squilliam said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Kyros said:

Big Beach Sports
Carnival Games
Sports Party
Game Party
Deca Sporta
Wall-E
Boom Blox

Errr no it doesn't. Infinity Ward used their own engine IIRC.

My mistake, I mixed it up with Blacksite and red steel. Thanks for reminding me.

All I know about Epic is that they released Michael Jackson's Thriller.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger