By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Epic: Our games don't appeal to the Wii's crowd.

So Epic Games shoots straight, doesn't blow smoke up your behind, gets crucified.

Ubisoft lies and gets crucified. (quality support, Ubidays fiasco)

It's looking like Wii owners are only happy when companies are supporting the system. Even telling you the truth gets your games trashed and called assholes.

If Wii owners got over the notion that you have to make games on the system to make money (not true), then they'd be a much happier bunch.

Around the Network

Too many hard feelings in this thread :P

waron said:
seriousle who wants epic crappy shooting games cause i don't. and i don't want to see craploads of stupid shooting games like those on ps360.

Now we have two.

Soriku and Waron who don't care about Epic's games.

DMeisterJ said:
So Epic Games shoots straight, doesn't blow smoke up your behind, gets crucified.

It's looking like Wii owners are only happy when companies are supporting the system. Even telling you the truth gets your games trashed and called assholes.

If Wii owners got over the notion that you have to make games on the system to make money (not true), then they'd be a much happier bunch.

How do you feel about Epic games? If I recall, you were pretty riled when Cliffy said that Resistance 2 sucked, compared to Gears 2, and MGS4 wasn't the type of game they were aiming for?

Aren't your comments now more based on your hate for Wii fanboys than your hate for Epic games...or did you change your mind when they announced a possible new game for the PS3?

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

iFlower7 said:
Too many hard feelings in this thread :P

This thread is crap. Bunch of gleeful fanboys trying to rub it in the wounds of Wii owners. I expect nothing less. Shoulda never posted here. My sword alone could never smite this darkness. Ah, to wield the mighty banhammer, and bring justice to this land.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network

"Asshole" doesn't denote lack of intelligence or ignorance. It denotes lack of manners and/or respect. In this case it is lack of respect for about 30 million people worldwide.

I didn't say anything different. BTW I am no fan of MGS4 even if it looks beautiful and in the Resistance2 is worse than Gears2 thread I said that cliffy should be able to say his opinion without anyone getting their panties in a bunch.

But Wii fans are really cool. A 360 developer makes some comments about the Wii userbase and suddenly you have a 200post thread of people who are whining about him being an asshole. Sounds a bit like he touched a sore spot.

Kyros said:
"Asshole" doesn't denote lack of intelligence or ignorance. It denotes lack of manners and/or respect. In this case it is lack of respect for about 30 million people worldwide.

I didn't say anything different. BTW I am no fan of MGS4 even if it looks beautiful and in the Resistance2 is worse than Gears2 thread I said that cliffy should be able to say his opinion without anyone getting their panties in a bunch.

But Wii fans are really cool. A 360 developer makes some comments about the Wii userbase and suddenly you have a 200post thread of people who are whining about him being an asshole. Sounds a bit like he touched a sore spot.

It's not what he said. It's how he said it. If you reread his original comment and don't see anything insulting or passive-agressive about it, then you need to study up on human socieology.

It's probably just the way the article is written, but putting "that crowd" in parenthesis is overly hostile. It's profiling based on console ownership, at the very least.

This is far from the first dumb thing Capps has said, and this isn't even the first dumb thing he's said about the Wii.

I realize the platform isn't for Epic games, but have a little tack for god sake. The guy is a PR man, he should at least try to not cause a negative marketing gaf everytime he gives an interview.

He comes off like, "Yeah, the Wii sucks! I said it, what are you gonna do about it!? Nothing, punk!" Except far more arrogant with no sense of humor.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

It's not what he said. It's how he said it.

Who the hell cares. Get over it. Live with it. Ignore him. He is a game developer he is no politician. He doesn't have to be nice. If he doesn't want Wii owners to buy his games (and apparently he doesn't because he doesn't make games for it) he doesn't have to be nice to you. Its a free country dammit and being polite to everyone is clearly overvalued.

On the other hand should the Wii crush 360 and PS3 completely and in two years Cliffy makes a game for the Wii you can remember what he said now. But please.

steven787 said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Barozi said:
steven787 said:
@Barozi: It's ok, I'm just in a bad mood.

Once your on the site long enough, you'll know all the arguments and counter arguments. It's more of a chess game. I know what both sides of this argument are going to post before the argument starts. The resolution is a slip up that often keeps the argument going.

no problem. I just woke up, still a bit tired and forgot about the resolution....

He shouldn't go on the way he does (LOL). Getting angry like that I mean, heh. For someone pre-law I would've thought he would've had a better argument. Then again...the control scheme he showed was creative yet still pretty funny.

The fact that I'm getting ready for law school is the only reason why I notice that stuff like that and why everything I post in an argument is cited (or can be).

I play the Nintendo fan, because I own a Wii right now... but I don't really care.

If you look deep enough into my ppost history you'll see me on all sides of the argument. Just like a lawyer.

My favorite one is why the Xbox has better graphics than the Wii. It basically boiled down to this.

Paraphrased:

What the hardware is capable of is irrelevant, if very little of the content shows those capabilities.

Last time I checked, Lawyers take sides.....for a handsome fee...sometimes not so handsome at all. Either way I respect the fact that you are a gamer. I love the Wii, I just don't feel that shooters are it's strong point. I don't believe you've realized that yet from my posts.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
DMeisterJ said:

How do you feel about Epic games? If I recall, you were pretty riled when Cliffy said that Resistance 2 sucked, compared to Gears 2, and MGS4 wasn't the type of game they were aiming for?

Aren't your comments now more based on your hate for Wii fanboys than your hate for Epic games...or did you change your mind when they announced a possible new game for the PS3?

While thats true, Cliff still admitted that he loved MGS4 and that Hideo Kojima is one of the greatest developers ever.