By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Sigma Is Now Out- Go Buy It!

Alright, I finally went and bought it. It is relatively tough in comparison to the majority of games I play. I think it probably just has a more complicated learning curve. I just need to do a better job blocking and learning the enemies mannerism's. I made it to the part in the second stage where the dudes on horses show up without dying.

Around the Network

I also picked this game up a few days back.
Even though I'm only into the 3rd Chapter, the game is shaping out to be very nice.

The visuals look very clean and sharp, and the animations are especially fluid (Thank 60fps for that). I'm also loving the combat system, very intuitive and challenging, definitely a must-buy for PS3 owners.

I'm picking up my copy after work. Can't wait to get home!! NGS FTW!

Quickdraw McGraw said:
I also picked this game up a few days back.
Even though I'm only into the 3rd Chapter, the game is shaping out to be very nice.

The visuals look very clean and sharp, and the animations are especially fluid (Thank 60fps for that). I'm also loving the combat system, very intuitive and challenging, definitely a must-buy for PS3 owners.

Did you like that boss at the end of the 2nd level? The one on the horse? lol I hate that guy...

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

My opinion on the game: 

Lol, just kidding, sorry I can't get enough of that gif.

Seriously though, I know alot of people at the game store were excited about the game but how has it done so far? Is the game out in the states yet? I'm surprised it slipped under my radar.

Around the Network
ckmlb said

Did you like that boss at the end of the 2nd level? The one on the horse? lol I hate that guy...

Haha, that battle was frustrating. Although he was pretty hard to beat, his minions are what really made it tough. In other news, the visuals were awesome, the fire looked really good that chapter.

I'm on my first Rachel Chapter now. She's alright, but I largely prefer Ryu's style. 

Ryu > Rachel definitely.

But it's cool that they added a new character with a new fighting style to mix it up along with the new stages.

Gballzack said:

My opinion on the game:

Lol, just kidding, sorry I can't get enough of that gif.

Seriously though, I know alot of people at the game store were excited about the game but how has it done so far? Is the game out in the states yet? I'm surprised it slipped under my radar.

Im through about half of this game (i already beat NGB), its definatly one of the best 3d slashers ever made. It ranks number 4 in my list of hackNslash 3d action games and number 3 in terms of difficulty (ofcourse all based on the normal setting).
overall game:
1.DMC3:SE (Cool story, cool fighting engine and the yamato sword)
2.DMC1 (First time i got into slashers and the gunplay was amazing)
3.GOW1 (Epic story lines, animation and the best puzzles ever used in a hack and slash that i've ever seen)
4.NG:S (dumb story line but this is one of the best games in terms of fighting enemies)
Difficulty
1.PS2 Shinobi (it was hard for the dumbest reasons)
2.DMC3 (no blocking, royal guard don't count)
3.NGB (i played this after DMC3 so i guess i learned how to play these games the right way, but this game was not by any means a cakewalk,IMO atleast)

oh man I've heard about Shinobi on PS2.

Also I have DMC 3 right here but it's the greatest hits version that was dumbed down... :(