By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Ninja Gaiden Sigma Is Now Out- Go Buy It!

Andir said:
I haven't picked this up yet, but the part of the demo that was really pissing me off was the first area boss. If you died, you basically started over from the beginning. While it was good practice, I have to wonder. Was the boss artificially inflated in the demo?

Actually I think the boss was weakened in the demo, because he gave up at some low hp and I don't remember that from the original version of the game or maybe I've forgotten.

Anyway I have the game right here, just got it still haven't played though. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network
baddog992 said:
"it's a very difficult game"
EEEkkk I hate games that are very hard from the start, I know the diehards will disagree. I am not into hurting myself, and dont want a game to drive me insane, life is hard enough without a game driving your blood pressure up. Ya hard games=dont play me, I stay far away from those types of games.I am sure some will love the challenge, also my reflexes are not as fast as they used to be.

If you die 5 times in the first level, the game automatically goes into Ninja Dog mode which is basically the easy mode and that can be a lot more welcoming for someone like you.

ssj12 said:
Andir said:
I haven't picked this up yet, but the part of the demo that was really pissing me off was the first area boss. If you died, you basically started over from the beginning. While it was good practice, I have to wonder. Was the boss artificially inflated in the demo?

the demo is actually not even a level in the game (last I heard). It was designed to be a true tech demo, just with a reward for the real game if you complete it.

No the demo is the first level, except for the Rachel mission which I don't think is a level or is a new level for the PS3 version specifically.

Sullla said:
I actually tried the demo of this game, with my one friend who owns a PS3 (I was a big fan of the NES Ninja Gaidens, and quite good at them). My impressions were that the game was very pretty, very difficult, and extremely violent. I personally didn't care for it, but that was only a demo tryout - please don't refrain from buying this game on account of me! I actually couldn't stop laughing; for some reason, the absurdity of this game's plot (killing an endless succession of ninjas) was very amusing. I mean, the old Ninja Gaidens were just as bad, but the graphics were so unrealistic it made sense somehow. My mind couldn't fit the pretty visuals together with the B-grade kung-fu action, hehe.

I'm very interested to see how the sales look this week. Can Ninja Gaiden hit 100k the first week in the US? That would be great news for the PS3, and certainly needed. We'll find out next week.

I wish it would sell well, but this isn't a big seller and is too hard for the average person to play. I will be glad if it sold that well in week 1 but I doubt it.

I have a kind of fetish for hard games. Also I am very proud of my gaming abilities. I like to challenge myself a lot. I would like to know how hard this game really is. Most of the time I doubt when people say "this game is the hardest ever". I would like some comparisons.

Is it hard or frustrating? Halo on Legendary was not hard for me at all it was just frustrating (I mean not a matter of skill). The laser blades one hit kills on the third level are cheap, not hard.

Can anyone tell me how hard is this game compared to Devil may Cry 3? I am really interested in this game. I would consider playing at a friend house or paying to play at game reantal store.

Here are some of the hardest games I have played and finished (feel free to say that NGS is much harder, or as hard as)

Frustrating

Double Dragon 3 - Nes
Streets of Rage 3 - Genesis (american version)
Karate Kid - Nes
Moonwalker - Master System (last boss)
Spider Man and the X-men: Arcade Revenge - Snes

Hard
Castlevania- Nes
Dead to Rights - PS2
Devil May Cry 3 - PS2
Fatal Frame - Ps2(hard mode)
Maximo - PS2
Y`s series
Farcry - PC
Cybernator - Snes or Gun Suit Valkyrie - PS2

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Around the Network

It's hard not frustrating. According to your definitions of those terms.

Hard as playing Battle Toads with your eyes closed! Hard as The 7th Saga (Very weird localization, it's about 3x harder than the Japanese version).

I actually dunno. But some people pick up some style of games much quicker than others, so what's hard to me may not be hard to you.

See Ya George.

"He did not die - He passed Away"

At least following a comedians own jokes makes his death easier.

Fuzzmosis said:
Hard as playing Battle Toads with your eyes closed! Hard as The 7th Saga (Very weird localization, it's about 3x harder than the Japanese version).

I actually dunno. But some people pick up some style of games much quicker than others, so what's hard to me may not be hard to you.

I'm saying Ninja Gaiden Sigma is one of the few remaining very hard games of this day. Back in the day games were a lot more challenging for good or bad.

I'll definitely be getting this... This game is definitely HARD by your definition and you must develop some skill to even get through the demo. I would have to compare it to the most difficult parts of DMC1, I felt the series got progressively easier, though 3 was challenging at some points.

I was gonna pick this up today but ran out of time. I hope bestbuy still has it tomorrow because the 10% off coupon expires plus I enrolled in the "Summer of Entertainment" so I get $10 extra for every $100 spent. They sold out of The Darkness and haven't had any since it released.

As far as the difficulty goes, everywhere I turn I see comments about it's difficulty so I figure there must be something to it. I never played it on Xbox, so I look forward to the challenge.