By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - King of RPGs...360 or PS3?

Here are the lists of all the current and upcoming RPG's on both systems....

Xbox 360-

oblivion
mass effect
eternal sonata
blue dragon
Lost Odyssey
Fable 2
Too Human
Final Fantasy XIII
Fallout 3
Marvel:UA 2
Borderlands
Alpha Protocol
Rise of the Argonauts
Last Remnant
Two Worlds
Enchanted Arms
Infinite Undiscovery
Kingdom Under Fire
Dark Messiah
Age of Conan
Tales of Vesperia

Star Ocean 4

Cry On

Spectral Force

Phantasy Star Universe

Operation Darkness

Spectral Force 3

Kingdom Under Fire II

Zoids Assault

FFXI

PS3-

oblivion
Folklore
eternal sonata
Disgaea 3
Valyria Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles
Final Fantasy XIII
Fallout 3
Final Fantasy Versus XIII
Marvel:UA 2
Borderlands
Alpha Protocol
Untold Legends:Dark Kingdom
Rise of the Argonauts
Last Remnant
Two Worlds
DC Universe Online
The Agency
Enchanted Arms
Tales Game (Untitled)
Angel Love Online
Tears to Tiara
Free Realms

Cross Edge

Kingdom Under Fire II

Which system's RPG line up are you most excited for?

Edited, again.....

Greatness Awaits

PSN:Forevercloud (looking for Soul Sacrifice Partners!!!)

Around the Network

Age of Conan is coming to PS3, too?

Anyway, on the balance I'd have to say 360's because of the fact that a lot of these games dropping in the next few months, plus Mistwalker. And you didn't even list Cry On. For shame!

But the DS is the king of RPGs. No other system is even a contender.

360, for now at the very least

I am more excited about the 360 lineup than the PS3 lineup

badgenome said:

Anyway, on the balance I'd have to say 360's because of the fact that a lot of these games dropping in the next few months, plus Mistwalker. And you didn't even list Cry On. For shame!

Cry on? i thought that was part of the Far Cry series, thats an RPG?

And Mistwalker is a company(Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey) not a game as far as my knowledge goes.

Greatness Awaits

Around the Network
forevercloud3000 said:
badgenome said:

And Mistwalker is a company(Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey) not a game as far as my knowledge goes.

Yes, Mistwalker is Hironobu Sakaguchi's company. What I mean is that their support for the 360 puts it over PS3 for me. Cry On is the next HD game Sakaguchi is making.

Edit: For the sake of completeness, you could add FFXI, Phantasy Star Universe, Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Zoids Assault, Mass Effect 2, and Blue Dragon 2 to 360, and Cross Edge to PS3. Kingdom Under Fire II is also coming to 360; may or may not come to PS3, as I've read conflicting things.

badgenome said:
forevercloud3000 said:
badgenome said:

Yes, Mistwalker is Hironobu Sakaguchi's company. What I mean is that their support for the 360 puts it over PS3 for me. Cry On is the next HD game Sakaguchi is making.

Edit: For the sake of completeness, you could add FFXI, Phantasy Star Universe, Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Zoids Assault, and Blue Dragon 2 to 360, and Cross Edge to PS3. Kingdom Under Fire II is also coming to 360; may or may not come to PS3, as I've read conflicting things.

Sakaguchi, personal opinion, is a washed up game designer. His games are o so uninspiring to me.  All of his games are blatent rip offs of it SE roots. Blue Dragon=Dragon Quest(as much as I hate the both of them DQ is better). Lost Odyssey=Final Fantasy (9; and I found LO to be frustrating with its rediculouly slow combat even for turn based, bland character designs, and a loop warm story by any standard). Well that last part about the story may not be accurate as I did not complete the game. Yet as far as I had gotten I was not amused by the story or the wierd flashbacks with the super intensive light sources(rly, y so bright?).

Thx for the other adds, I edit them on the list....

Greatness Awaits

I prefer Jrpgs to Srpgs. Although I do like both.

forevercloud3000 said:
badgenome said:
forevercloud3000 said:
badgenome said:

Edit: For the sake of completeness, you could add FFXI, Phantasy Star Universe, Operation Darkness, Spectral Force 3, Zoids Assault, and Blue Dragon 2 to 360, and Cross Edge to PS3. Kingdom Under Fire II is also coming to 360; may or may not come to PS3, as I've read conflicting things.

Sakaguchi, personal opinion, is a washed up game designer. His games are o so uninspiring to me. All of his games are blatent rip offs of it SE roots. Blue Dragon=Dragon Quest(as much as I hate the both of them DQ is better). Lost Odyssey=Final Fantasy (9; and I found LO to be frustrating with its rediculouly slow combat even for turn based, bland character designs, and a loop warm story by any standard). Well that last part about the story may not be accurate as I did not complete the game. Yet as far as I had gotten I was not amused by the story or the wierd flashbacks with the super intensive light sources(rly, y so bright?).

Thx for the other adds, I edit them on the list....

Blue Dragon and Lost Odyssey being "uninspired" was intentional.  The combat system was only slow because of the loading times.

Right now and for the next year: 360
End of the generation: Tie (for now)

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.