By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - The Official July NPD Thread (data for 4 weeks ending 8/2 comes @ 6:30 est)

If VGChartz numbers even remotely coincide with NPD numbers the Sony damage control in this thread will be severe.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
starcraft said:
I suspect we'll find that NPD has a smaller gap between the Xbox 360 and the PS3 than VGC claims. I know the PS3 had shortages and the Xbox 360 had a clearance sale, but the gap just seems too good to be true without any Xbox 360 exclusive releases of note and whilst still in MGS4's wake.

Well according to Pachter and those other predictions (EEEAC or something similar) VGC is too low with PS3, way to low for Wii, abot right for DS, and a little high for X360. (I don't remember PSP)

starcraft said:
If VGChartz numbers even remotely coincide with NPD numbers the Sony damage control in this thread will be severe.

If VGC numbers are not in line with NPD numbers, 360 damage control in this thread will be severe.

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

If VGC numbers are not in line with NPD numbers, 360 damage control in this thread will be severe.

Not unless the numbers differ by around 100k......

How did I know you'd turn up here with a little pre-emptive spin?

Ever since FFXIII at E3, you've been Sony's go-to guy

PhalanxCO said:
I predict a lot of crying and gnashing of teeth.

I don't cry... and I like my teeth...

Around the Network

EDIT: Thought LTD instead of YTD.  Carry on!

starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

So it's okay for you to say it, but if I say the opposite I'm doing something wrong?

:/

DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:
DMeisterJ said:
starcraft said:

So it's okay for you to say it, but if I say the opposite I'm doing something wrong?

:/

Oh I didn't say there was anything wrong with your behaviour, just that you have developed a trend.

*pats DMeisterJ*

Kenology said:
TheSource said:

NPD USA Year to date totals for Wii should top 14m this month.

Fixed for The Source.

Not expecting any suprises for hardware, but I'm interested to see how NPDs top 10 will look.

Year, not lifetime.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

Just saw.  Edited.