By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The PS3 has a problem with its fans and its killing the console!

Squilliam said:
blackstar said:
i'm really surprised never thought that the ps3 would break that easily
my ps1 and ps2 are amazing, we are a big family and the ps2 is on all the time and never breaks , the only problem that it has is dust collecting
anyway i'm sorry for u ,,, :) i can't imagine that happening to me
i say wait till u they prodoce SKUs that produce less heat and better design
they did that with ps1 and ps2 ,
besides , 360 is having great games this months , they will keep u busy ;)

Its the middle of winter! Bah! Oh and btw I don't get TOV until next year because im in PAL and Too Human doesn't release until early next month.

At the moment im more upset that I can't finish my play through of God Of War 2 than any PS3 games im missing out on. I can't get the saved games off the PS3, I Don't know how! I have the transfer unit and a memory card...

Well you could try taking the hdd out of the busted PS3 and putting it into some other PS3, then back that up onto an external hdd and then restore to your new one, provided it's b/c of course.

Proud Sony Rear Admiral

Around the Network
blackstar said:
my ps1 and ps2 are amazing, we are a big family and the ps2 is on all the time and never breaks , the only problem that it has is dust collecting

Seriously?!  Dude you are full of shit.  I've had a 60g since last Feb and have had 0, yes 0 problems with it.  Sounds like you got a dud, stop using it as fodder for your anti-Sony agenda, and send it in for repairs.

An XBOX fan complaining about the reliability of the PS3 ?

*checks to see if the skies are in place*

I hate how the 360 fans blow and that really annoys me, they are pretty useless really if they suck this bad. Not only that, but it's MS's fault for allowing crappy fans to destroy the already broken 360.

Thank you 360 fans, I don't know if I will get to enjoy games like Gears2/Fable2/StarOcean4 because of you.

Sigh, I traded every 360 game in because of those damn fans, I have now got 0, Zilch, Nada 360 games to go with a broken overheating POS 360, and this is the 2nd time. Trade the games, pay for repairs and then repeat it once more and then there are no more games left to trade or play.

It should not be going down this way, I positively molest my PS3. Its practically next to my heater.

So yea, tell me something, why should I keep it? Whats so awesome about the 360 that if in spite of my belief in its horrible reliability and expensive repairs that acts as a compelling reason for it to stay?

That sounds a bit better for me....

4 ≈ One

Squilliam said:
blackstar said:

Its the middle of winter! Bah! Oh and btw I don't get TOV until next year because im in PAL and Too Human doesn't release until early next month.

At the moment im more upset that I can't finish my play through of God Of War 2 than any PS3 games im missing out on. I can't get the saved games off the PS3, I Don't know how! I have the transfer unit and a memory card...

sorry , i don't know too ,,, post a thread and ask the people here someone may know

Around the Network
theshoe23 said:
blackstar said:

Seriously?!  Dude you are full of shit.  I've had a 60g since last Feb and have had 0, yes 0 problems with it.  Sounds like you got a dud, stop using it as fodder for your anti-Sony agenda, and send it in for repairs.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

what is that?

i think u qoute the wrong post :)

he has a ps3, trust me. but he's just not funny.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

Oh fans!!! Thought you meant fan boys in which case I would have agreed with you. I think the things PS3 fan boys say puts me off ever remotely considering owning a PS3

Biggest Pikmin Fan on VGChartz I was chosen by default due to voting irregularities

Super Smash Brawl Code 1762-4158-5677 Send me a message if you want to receive a beat down

Joke thread? I don't think I have ever heard my fan. An xbox fan complaining about the PS3's reliability?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Just going off the law of averages, there have to be some owners who have had multiple problems with the PS3 hardware.

You're definitely bucking the odds if so, but someone always ends up winning the lottery eventually as well.

Buying a 360 on the other hand, has been more like playing Russian Roulette for many, even with the Falcon revision.

If someone sold all their games for a console, I see no reason to keep it, unless it was a PS3 being used mainly as a media player. If you don't like it, and it breaks, I'd say get rid of it. I'd do the same thing for my Xbox if it ever breaks.

Every game I've bought and enjoyed on the platform is on Windows anyway.

Unfortunately, I use it for HD-DVDs as well, but I can always pick up an internal HD-DVD/Blu-Ray drive for the PC, or a standalone unit for less than $100, or... just wait for the next revision of the 360, when it uses less power, generates less heat, and costs less than $200 with a HDD standard.