By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - GT5 - No crash damage. Also, is it getting delayed?

Don't get personal Woof.

People are difficult to govern because they have too much knowledge.

When there are more laws, there are more criminals.

- Lao Tzu

Around the Network
Ackmed Tepish said:
Christopher_G2 said:
mrstickball said:
How much father is the Forza series going to gain on GT before GT actually starts implementing more sim-racing actual elements?

If I ever pick up GT5, I'll hate having to cheat so easily without damage. Sim damage is one of the biggest advances in racers, ever.

Well that's not going to prevent GT5 from outselling Forza 2. Gran Turismo is still far and away the most popular racing sim series in the world.

Which blatantly ignores the fact of its declining sales with each version. Even if Gran Turismo 5 sold a copy for every PS3 sold world wide it still wouldn't stack up to its predicessors.

How come Sony gamers can say the Wii being the best selling console of the three doesn't make it the best Console but then say that GT being the best selling racing sim makes it the best racing sim? So sales only matter when on your side?

He just said it was the most popular. WHICH, can only be judged by sales.

Dont twist his words.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Woof said:
Ackmed Tepish said:
What a sad exuse... GT5 is even less of game now.

more dumb posts from you, who would have thunk it. Its funny as hell how scared shietless wii/360 fanboys are of GT.

lol how many of you tools that posted in this thread even own a PS3 ?

Damage is a big deal for racing/driving simulations.  It's the biggest advance made in the last several years, so if your racing/driving sim doesn't have it, that sucks.  Why would we defend a company for skipping an absolutely critical feature?  It's a shame that GT5 doesn't have damage, but it will lose its status as a driving simulator if they keep leaving out critical features like this.

Woof said:

Its funny as hell how scared shietless wii/360 fanboys are of GT.

And it's funny also how you cling to a game not coming out until late next year.  For the time being, Forza 2 is the top of the food chain driving simulator -- period.  You can say all you want about how "great" GT5 *will be*, but, then, that's all you have.  A wish.  A hope.  Others are currently playing Forza 2 and enjoying it.  You should try it.  It's actually quite an amazing game.

I hate trolls.

Systems I currently own:  360, PS3, Wii, DS Lite (2)
Systems I've owned: PS2, PS1, Dreamcast, Saturn, 3DO, Genesis, Gamecube, N64, SNES, NES, GBA, GB, C64, Amiga, Atari 2600 and 5200, Sega Game Gear, Vectrex, Intellivision, Pong.  Yes, Pong.

kn said:
Woof said:

And it's funny also how you cling to a game not coming out until late next year. For the time being, Forza 2 is the top of the food chain driving simulator -- period. You can say all you want about how "great" GT5 *will be*, but, then, that's all you have. A wish. A hope. Others are currently playing Forza 2 and enjoying it. You should try it. It's actually quite an amazing game.

This is true.  I liked GT3 quite a bit, but Forza 2 is better.  It makes me want to buy a 360.

Around the Network

does forza have crash damage, other than the gfx the gameplay has been almost the same since GT2.

Heeeeyyyy!!!! <Snap>

Can't remember who said it, but it rings true. No released game can ever be as good as the one that lives in the imagination of the fanboy. (I said it differently and not as poetically)

TheBigFatJ said:
Woof said:
Ackmed Tepish said:
What a sad exuse... GT5 is even less of game now.

more dumb posts from you, who would have thunk it. Its funny as hell how scared shietless wii/360 fanboys are of GT.

lol how many of you tools that posted in this thread even own a PS3 ?

Damage is a big deal for racing/driving simulations.  It's the biggest advance made in the last several years, so if your racing/driving sim doesn't have it, that sucks.  Why would we defend a company for skipping an absolutely critical feature?  It's a shame that GT5 doesn't have damage, but it will lose its status as a driving simulator if they keep leaving out critical features like this.

not neccisarily... gt4 still sold 8 million... didnt hurt those sales numbers... and damage and online play was promised

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

kn said:
Woof said:

And it's funny also how you cling to a game not coming out until late next year.  For the time being, Forza 2 is the top of the food chain driving simulator -- period.  You can say all you want about how "great" GT5 *will be*, but, then, that's all you have.  A wish.  A hope.  Others are currently playing Forza 2 and enjoying it.  You should try it.  It's actually quite an amazing game.

i have tried it... i think ill stick to playing GT4 and PGR...

URNOTE Proud Owner of a 60GB PS3 Console (Purchased 12/22/06)

#1 reason MGS4 is PS3 exclusive  xbox is too loud for snake to sneak around
PSNTAG= Xander732

Fonzerelli said:
does forza have crash damage, other than the gfx the gameplay has been almost the same since GT2.

Yes, Forza and Forza 2 have crash damage...