By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony : "by 2011, Wii 80M, PS3 70M, Xbox360 40M" ...

we will just need to fill this under...WTF...hmm seems kinda full lets delete the Hitler in a tutu pic

Around the Network

Sony at 70 mil...lol.

Wii at 80 mil is another lol...it will prolly hit 80 mil next week.

Xbox at 40 mil is a possibility if you think January 1st 2011.

How many times do these analysts have to be made a fool of before they will accept reality?

obieslut said:
I think the satuation point for the Wii will be lower then that of the ps3 so it is evident in my opinion that the ps3 i going to outsell the Wii at some point

I remember when people said that about the Wii reaching the Gamecube's lifetime sales, that it would suddenly stop.

The problem is, Sony's PS2 userbase has not only been split between the three console's this generation but the PS3 only appeals to a very limited demographic where as the Wii appeals everyone, in fact the Wii has perhaps the greatest appeal of any console ever. The PS3 will never have the same appeal as the PS2, no matter how much you wish it.

While we can expect to see the Wii's sales increase each year, we can in contrast probably expect the PS3's sales to plateau if not decrease on a yearly basis. The 360 has just too much momentum and by the time the PS3 is realistically affordable, far better and cheaper Blu-Ray players will be available.

I'm sorry, wishful thinking time and time again has not benefited the Sony fandom this generation.

obieslut said:
I think the satuation point for the Wii will be lower then that of the ps3 so it is evident in my opinion that the ps3 i going to outsell the Wii at some point

So what you are trying to say is that there are more "hardcore" gamers out there then "casual" gamers.

ummm.... ok....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Around the Network

Wii is way low, PS3 is way high, and 360 is a little low.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

EaglesEye379 said:

For the people who really think that 360 will be 40m by 2011...

At the end of this year will mark 360's 3rd year anniversary and current VGChartz projections show it will reach 27m. That is 9m on average per year.

Hence we have 40-27=13m left to reach this 40m target by 2011.

Do the math. You think 360 will sell only 4.33m a year for the next 3 years?

Mmmmkay....

Update: And for those who really think PS3 will reach 70m by 2011....

At the end of this year will be PS3's 2nd year anniversary and current VGChartz projections show it will reach 21m. That is 10.5m on average per year.

Hence we have 70-21=49m left to reach this 70m target by 2011.

Do the math. You think PS3 will sell 16.33m a year for the next 3 years?

Mmmmkay...

yea because the last time I checked PS3 was outselling 360 4:1.

It really depends on what they meant by "By 2011" ...

Most of us assumed it meant before January 1st 2011, which would put the sales for each of the consoles (for 2009 and 2010) at:

Wii: 18 to 20 Million units per year
PS3: 23 to 25 Million units per year
XBox 360: 6 to 8 Million units per year

If he implied "By 2011" to mean by the end of 2011 or December 31st 2011 this would put average yearly sales at:

Wii: 12 to 14 Million units per year
PS3: 15 to 17 Million units per year
XBox 360: 4 to 5 Million units per year.

The "By January 1st 2011" numbers are pessimistic for the Wii and XBox 360 but possible, while it is insanely optimistic for the PS3, while the "By December 31st 2011" numbers are optimistic for the PS3 but possible, while it is insanely pessimistic for the Wii or XBox 360.

Is today first of April

In order for me to take analysts and CEO's seriously with predictions, they need to put things on the line when predicting this shit. Like if this dude came out and said "Sony at 70 million by 2011 or I will chop off my testicles"...this may be worth noting.

Otherwise his words hold no water what so ever...

man he is really pushing here expecting some major HD push coming

if by 11' meaning end of 2010 and start, which is how i take it when someone says be there by 7. I don't show up at 7:45.

so we have then as eagleseye stated projected at end of year so begining 09'

Beggining 09'
360 - 27 mil = 13 million to go
PS3 - 21 mil = 49 million to go

now to get to beginning of 11' that is 2 more years. which means

360 = 6.5 million avg. (minimum I would say. something like 9 million average now, but 3rd year typically peak as history shows. So could dip down, but I still say more like 45 million better guess)

PS3 = 24.5 million a year (i'll let you digest that, i don't need to even comment)

Of course he might be different and his by 2011 means december 2011, which is just stupid. Then it is as stated by eagleseye; 360 like 4 mil a year and ps3 like 16 mil a year. which is still rediculous.

Edit:   damn beat to the math