By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony : "by 2011, Wii 80M, PS3 70M, Xbox360 40M" ...

bardicverse said:
Well, of course Sony doesn't want to admit what might be inevitable- the Wii possibly/likely outselling the PS2 ltd. Believing Sony is kind of like believing the US gov't.

That might happen as long as Nintendo lets the Wii stay on the market for a long time (like close to ten years or so).

Around the Network

PS2 90 million = 140mil consoles sold to 90 million households (I've owned 3)?

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.

end of 2011:

Wii 100M+
Ps3 65-70M
x360 60-65M

2008 year end sales (made in January 2008):

44.2 M 27.1 M 20.8 M

This is the correct one.

if sony keeps going the way that they have been lately then they'll easily do better then these numbers, they've really made a comeback

Around the Network

The PS3 will probably never reach 70 million.

The Wii will likely reach 80 million in 2009 or early 2010 and probably 100 million by 2011.

Since we're doing predictions...

By 2011:

Wii: 100mil+
360: 40mil
PS3: 35mil

"'Casual games' are something the 'Game Industry' invented to explain away the Wii success instead of actually listening or looking at what Nintendo did. There is no 'casual strategy' from Nintendo. 'Accessible strategy', yes, but ‘casual gamers’ is just the 'Game Industry''s polite way of saying what they feel: 'retarded gamers'."

-Sean Malstrom

No problem, PS3 should make 70mil easily

EaglesEye379 said:

@HappySquirrel

So all we have to do now is pick which one to laugh at: 24m PS3 a year or 4m 360 a year? I cant really see whether 1 Jan or 31 Dec makes it sound any smarter.

I just think its a bad case of bad triangulation on bad old data on old mentalities on how this gen will pan out.

Update: Wonder how long I can keep up this forced comment about bad triangulation mistake when its clearly a bad case of.....

Ha exactly. Either way we should be laughing at him.

He is predicting for 360. 4-7 million roughly a year.

and for the PS3. 17-24 million a year.

That way we don't have to worry about wether "BY" 2011 means january or december 2011. Wow I better go out and buy some Sony stock, they are gonna be going crazy ape shit soon.

Really makes you wonder if they do this simple math at all, or just go.  hmm 70 million sounds like a good number.  What should we put 360 at so it sounds like we beating htem good.  40 sounds good.  And to not sound stupid lets put Wii ahead, but hey not by much.

Analysts should be held accountable for their projections.

The rEVOLution is not being televised