By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony : "by 2011, Wii 80M, PS3 70M, Xbox360 40M" ...

If the Wii wouldn't sell one single unit for a whole year and the PS3 would continue its sales for this time, the PS3 would be head to head with the Wii.

In Japan, according to media create, the PS3 is around 9500 units a week, the wii is at 41000 units. (4:1)

in europe the PS3 is around 70k, the wii is at 180.000 (2.5:1)

In the US the PS3 is around 60k units, the Wii around 170k. Didn't use last week because of shortages for both products. (almost 3:1)

Worldwide last week: PS3 126k, Wii 320k around 2.7:1

Even the 360 outsold the PS3 last month. With ToV releasing in Japan and a likely pricedrop in the US, things are not looking to change for August.

Right now, the PS3 is in last place. I think it will catch up to the 360 but the Wii is out of reach. Playstation will not win this generation.

Imagine not having GamePass on your console...

Around the Network

lolz

Since we're all giving predictions:

360 - 40 mil sounds reasonable since its twice the amount of the original Xbox.
Wii - at least 100 million if sales continue like this.
PS3 - I say 55-65.

DOATS1 said:
libellule said:
eliasg said:
LOL. PS3 70 million while 360 only 40 million, WTF ???

==> indeed, this was the less shocking number ...

the thing is that that 40 million is an actual possibilty for the 360, but i honestly don't see the ps3 going that much further than the 360, although i do think the ps3 will be ahead of the 360 this gen.

fixed

Time to Work !

I think the satuation point for the Wii will be lower then that of the ps3 so it is evident in my opinion that the ps3 i going to outsell the Wii at some point

Around the Network

Chris Deering hasn't been with Sony for three years ...

More Future Proof from the boys in Sony P.R.

Well done gentlement, well done.

For the people who really think that 360 will be 40m by 2011...

At the end of this year will mark 360's 3rd year anniversary and current VGChartz projections show it will reach 27m. That is 9m on average per year.

Hence we have 40-27=13m left to reach this 40m target by 2011.

Do the math. You think 360 will sell only 4.33m a year for the next 3 years?

Mmmmkay....

Update: And for those who really think PS3 will reach 70m by 2011....

At the end of this year will be PS3's 2nd year anniversary and current VGChartz projections show it will reach 21m. That is 10.5m on average per year.

Hence we have 70-21=49m left to reach this 70m target by 2011.

Do the math. You think PS3 will sell 16.33m a year for the next 3 years?

Mmmmkay...

yea because the last time I checked PS3 was outselling 360 4:1.

Standard marketing technique for Sony PR: future success.

Examples:

we'll have the best games - sometime in the future, because the platform is one year younger.

we'll have the most sales - sometime in the future, because millions of ps2 users are waiting to upgrade.

we'll have the best graphics - sometime in the future, because the CELL is so awesome developers need time to harness its potential.

we'll have the best online service - sometime in the future, because we want to release it in proper shape.

etc...

I guess selling hope been good for them, plenty people took the bait.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

So SONY...