By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead or alive or Tekken?

Tekken's my favorite after SSB.  SF is up there as well, depending on my mood.

In terms of modern day traditional fighters, Tekken is, in my opinion, the best.  DoA is too light on the technicality compared to Tekken, and VF takes it to the extreme.  I could never master the combos in that game.

Tekken is the right between the two, with the perfect balance of technicality and accessibilty (for me, at least).  I can't comment on SC, though.

Around the Network
blazinhead89 said:

If you were A true Tekken Fan, You would want to get it on the PS3 because of the vastly superior D-pad, Trying to do The EWGF ( Electric Wind God Fist) would be impossible on 360 D-pad ( This of course is hypothetically thinking if it went Multiplat, Which I HIGHLY doubt). or get an Arcade stick

True. PS3's D-pad is far superior but... EWGF isn't easy to execute on sixaxis/dualshock too. There is only one serious solution for people who prefer Mishima's  - arcade stick. I own HRAP3 and it's awesome. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to master Tekken as Pros do..

Now also X360 owners can buy a decent arcade stick from HORI. Not crappy Fighting Stick but equivalent of Hori Real Arcade Pro 3.

Tekken by a huge margin. I've always found the controls (Square & triangle, left and right arms. ex & circle, left and right legs) very intuitive. The only Fighters that get close for me are Soul Calibur and street fighter 2.

assumption is the mother of all f**k ups 

blazinhead89 said:
Darc Requiem said:
blazinhead89 said:
Darc Requiem said:

Pretty much any 3D fighter but Tekken. I never cared for Tekken's gameplay. I did like the bonus modes Namco put in the home version and initially found the storyline intriguing but the last few games killed my interest in the story. Jinpachi being the last straw, I mean Kazuya being back was beyond ridiculous too.

Namco brought back Kazuya because he had a Huge Fanbase, Thats why kunumitsu was scrapped, No 1 cared for her. Anyway why is it rediculous? Its a video game you know ( video games arent tied down to reality )

He was thrown into a volcano and as I said Kazuya's return wasn't nearly as ridiculous as Jinpachi.

So for a Game to NOT be ridiculous it has to stick within the realms of reality ????? Isnt that a reason why people PLAY video games ie to escape reality ????????

Okay sure. For the next game they can have a comet take the whole planet out and a magical gnome bring them all back for the sequel. I mean its a video game after all right? Why should they attempt to have anything make since at all. Games don't have to be realistic but there is a limit to the suspension disbelief. That is dependant upon how the developer presents the game. A character can do something in a Dragon Ball Z game that would be flat out ridiculous for a character in a Virtua Fighter game.

DOA for the girls :D

Around the Network

Tekken...by so very very much.

The old Tekken 3, but then the series went down and DOA3 is the pinnacle of it's series with a very good sequel. So DOA at the moment IMO

I admit, in my PS1 days, I played single player for hours on end to unlock the costumes for the girls. I bought DOA2 for the Dreamcast AND the PS2. I played DOA 4, and I bought DOAX2. I'll admit it. DOA as a series is a beautiful mess. Tekken wins, in my opinion.

DOA put's the emphasis in the wrong place for a fighting game IMO , Tekken wins by leaps and bounds.

Tekken