By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead or alive or Tekken?

super_etecoon said:
hey ecurbj....it was a light hearted joke. Let it drop.

I know it was, I was going along with the joke..but I tried to be a SOB too...

Around the Network
Obliterator1700 said:
Dead or Alive? Yea, I dont recall of such a game. Tekken is the clear winner...

You don't have to be passive agressive when you present your comments, not do you need to assert that there is a clear winner, when it all comes down to taste. Especially when you start your short comment with passive-agression. What was purely a simply opinion statement, would likely be offensive to someone who preferred DoA. Were I a fan, I would respond with anger, most likely. I've noticed this about you since you started posting here. Don't take this as an insult, I'm just informing you that some can take offense to posts like that, and there are a lot of people around here that don't absorb those types of comments as well as the majority. Starting arguments, even inadvertantly, will lead to more bans in general, which is never a good aim.

That said, imho, Tekken probably better than DoA. I have never really given the series a chance, and I myself am a Tekken fanboy. I believe DoA 4 scored around an 85 on gamerankings, not much lower, if any, than the previously praised Soulcalibur IV. I'm sure the fact that DoA has been an Xbox exclusive series has a lot to do with why it is less popular than multiplat or more mainstream playstation fighters. It is my sincerest hope that Tekken does go multiplat, so I can purchase this game, as my brother has permanently borrowed my PS3 at this point, and indeed it appears that I will be the one "borrowing" it from him in the future.(I had grown disenchanted with the console) so it's not really an issue for me, however, I'd probably certainly purchase this title were it available on the 360 or Wii. If not, he'll probably purchase it, and get owned by me when I visit. The thought of anyone in my general area of the world even remotely challenging me at the series is...well the best way I can describe it is "laughable." I am "the Tekken guy" lol. So that would certainly account for my bias, as I think Tekken is the greatest fighting series period. I think it is much better than ANY fighter, not just DoA.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Super Smash Bros.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
thekitchensink said:
Super Smash Bros.

Why so serious?

I'm going with Tekken.

Around the Network
Darc Requiem said:

Pretty much any 3D fighter but Tekken. I never cared for Tekken's gameplay. I did like the bonus modes Namco put in the home version and initially found the storyline intriguing but the last few games killed my interest in the story. Jinpachi being the last straw, I mean Kazuya being back was beyond ridiculous too.

Namco brought back Kazuya because he had a Huge Fanbase, Thats why kunumitsu was scrapped, No 1 cared for her. Anyway why is it rediculous? Its a video game you know ( video games arent tied down to reality )

blazinhead89 said:
Darc Requiem said:

Pretty much any 3D fighter but Tekken. I never cared for Tekken's gameplay. I did like the bonus modes Namco put in the home version and initially found the storyline intriguing but the last few games killed my interest in the story. Jinpachi being the last straw, I mean Kazuya being back was beyond ridiculous too.

Namco brought back Kazuya because he had a Huge Fanbase, Thats why kunumitsu was scrapped, No 1 cared for her. Anyway why is it rediculous? Its a video game you know ( video games arent tied down to reality )

He was thrown into a volcano and as I said Kazuya's return wasn't nearly as ridiculous as Jinpachi.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
Obliterator1700 said:
Dead or Alive? Yea, I dont recall of such a game. Tekken is the clear winner...

You don't have to be passive agressive when you present your comments, not do you need to assert that there is a clear winner, when it all comes down to taste. Especially when you start your short comment with passive-agression. What was purely a simply opinion statement, would likely be offensive to someone who preferred DoA. Were I a fan, I would respond with anger, most likely. I've noticed this about you since you started posting here. Don't take this as an insult, I'm just informing you that some can take offense to posts like that, and there are a lot of people around here that don't absorb those types of comments as well as the majority. Starting arguments, even inadvertantly, will lead to more bans in general, which is never a good aim.

That said, imho, Tekken probably better than DoA. I have never really given the series a chance, and I myself am a Tekken fanboy. I believe DoA 4 scored around an 85 on gamerankings, not much lower, if any, than the previously praised Soulcalibur IV. I'm sure the fact that DoA has been an Xbox exclusive series has a lot to do with why it is less popular than multiplat or more mainstream playstation fighters. It is my sincerest hope that Tekken does go multiplat, so I can purchase this game, as my brother has permanently borrowed my PS3 at this point, and indeed it appears that I will be the one "borrowing" it from him in the future.(I had grown disenchanted with the console) so it's not really an issue for me, however, I'd probably certainly purchase this title were it available on the 360 or Wii. If not, he'll probably purchase it, and get owned by me when I visit. The thought of anyone in my general area of the world even remotely challenging me at the series is...well the best way I can describe it is "laughable." I am "the Tekken guy" lol. So that would certainly account for my bias, as I think Tekken is the greatest fighting series period. I think it is much better than ANY fighter, not just DoA.

If you were A true Tekken Fan, You would want to get it on the PS3 because of the vastly superior D-pad, Trying to do The EWGF ( Electric Wind God Fist) would be impossible on 360 D-pad ( This of course is hypothetically thinking if it went Multiplat, Which I HIGHLY doubt). or get an Arcade stick

Darc Requiem said:
blazinhead89 said:
Darc Requiem said:

He was thrown into a volcano and as I said Kazuya's return wasn't nearly as ridiculous as Jinpachi.

So for a Game to NOT be ridiculous it has to stick within the realms of reality ????? Isnt that a reason why people PLAY video games ie to escape reality ????????

Soul Calibur.

Which in an indirect way is Tekken because Tekken's Yoshimitsu is in it. And it has the boobage of of DoA.
But in other news, I LOVED Tekken 3, and never played any DoA, so yeah.

... Although I would love to "get my hands" on DoA Xtreme Volleyball.

Sony will prevail. My 60 gig says so.

PlayStation 3 Games:

- Rock Band
- Rock Band 2
- Soulcalibur IV
- LittleBigPlanet
- Guitar Hero: World Tour