By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 does not look as good as Gears 1

Just look at this video. You will notice that when they zoom in on them both when they are shooting, the original gears has a higher res. Also, look at the effects when the alien is being cut in half. In the original gears, he actually cuts all the way through the alien. In the second gears, he arely taps his shoulder and the whole thing falls off. IMO, this is starting to piss me off and I thinkthat its bull that epic games is doing this.

edit: I also notice how when he was shooting off of the platform in gears 2, he wasnt killing anything, but in gears one, he was

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/33774.html

Around the Network

You do know that the game is not yet finished and therefore minor graphical things like this may be cleared up before the final game comes out, don't you?

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

the graphics on the second one looks way better

are you nuts this game looks way better then gears 1 gears 1 is the best 360 game but gears 2 will be way better

I haven't played Gears of War but from that video, Gears of War 2 looks much, much better.

Around the Network

You can't compare the two chainsaws, because one of them is a chainsaw duel which is sped up in order for it to last the same amount of time as a standard chainsaw. So standard chainsawing would look the same/better on GeoW2 but as Chainsaw duels are made to be the same length, its animation would obviously have to be cut or sped up.

BTW, the textures in Gears 2 look much better, especially if you look at the e3 tech demo that they showed.

Consoles Owned: XBOX 360, Wii, DS and PSP.

Don't know what you're talking about. Gears 2 looks definitely better.

jerseyboy609 said:

Just look at this video. You will notice that when they zoom in on them both when they are shooting, the original gears has a higher res. Also, look at the effects when the alien is being cut in half. In the original gears, he actually cuts all the way through the alien. In the second gears, he arely taps his shoulder and the whole thing falls off. IMO, this is starting to piss me off and I thinkthat its bull that epic games is doing this.

You should commit suicide...it's the best solution I've come up for you.

Everything in your post was factually wrong. When they zoom in, the res and textures are higher on gears 2, and when he cuts the guy in half he actually goes all the way through.  In fact it has more detail as depending on where you cut you can have different canned animations. In gears 1 there was only one animation. Why would you even make this post if it is obvious that everything you said was wrong?

gears 2 looks just like gears one, but with an improved color pallet and imroved unreal engine effects.

either way the game will look good.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...