By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gears of War 2 does not look as good as Gears 1

Gears 2 is gonna rock hard. That E3 play through looked incredible. The backgrounds really managed to be immersive. Cannot wait to play the game, especially Horde mode.

Around the Network
Retrasado said:
thekitchensink said:
-Slight improvement in resolution in Gears 2
-Far better lighting in Gears 2
-Playable environments many times the size of Gears 1 in Gears 2
-HUNDREDS of enemies in the area at times in Gears 2.

So... /thread?

yep

Less grey is enough!

This gameplay looks incredible...

JaggedSac said:

This gameplay looks incredible...

Whoa...this looks absolutely amazing. The normal enemies look AWESOME!

The gameplay looks so much better then gears 1 was. This is how it looks to me anyway, but da**, it looks awesome!

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

so how bad are your eyes? -7/-7?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Around the Network

The only weird thing I've noticed compared to Gears 1 is the blood. For some unknown reason, it's orange now. o_o

It's still 60 FPS, so yay!

Random game thought :
Why is Bionic Commando Rearmed 2 getting so much hate? We finally get a real game and they're not even satisfied... I'm starting to hate the gaming community so f****** much...

Watch my insane gameplay videos on my YouTube page!

jerseyboy609 said:
ymeaga1n said:
jerseyboy609 said:

Just look at this video. You will notice that when they zoom in on them both when they are shooting, the original gears has a higher res. Also, look at the effects when the alien is being cut in half. In the original gears, he actually cuts all the way through the alien. In the second gears, he arely taps his shoulder and the whole thing falls off. IMO, this is starting to piss me off and I thinkthat its bull that epic games is doing this.

You should commit suicide...it's the best solution I've come up for you.

your mother should commit suicide, that would make me feel better...lol

Did you just completely miss Sqrl warning the other guy?  Whatever, this is your warning.

Locked.

Nothing but pointless bickering and trolling.  This is why we can't have nice things =P

To Each Man, Responsibility