By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which Console(s) Do You Think Kingdom Hearts 3 and the Knight's Story Go On

No, the reason he, and I think that KH3 will be on PS3/360 isn't because of fanboyism (don't you own a Wii, anyways? After all, you have a friggin' Miyamoto quote in your sig)

Some of us believe KH3 would go MP 360/PS3, because *gasp* it might sell better! It's not fanboyism, it's a strong belief that it could. Spiderman, Shrek and POTC all sold far far better on PS3 + X360 than the Wii alone, and if that represents the fanbase that'd buy the Wii KH3, then even there, it proves that the fanbase of the Wii wouldn't quite be as strong as you think.

Like it's been said, KH1-2's sales, the vast majority, were in countries where the 360/PS3 are the strongest. Not only this, attach ratios for the PS3/360 are better, therefore more software is being moved, and a greater chance of selling KH3 to the purchaser(s) of the PS3/360.

Again, IMO, I'd think there will be a KH for Wii, but probably like FF:CC was. It'll probably be a spin-off ala FF vs. XIII.

Don't say your fanboyisms don't get into the argument, and only ours does.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

Around the Network

ckmlb said:

<snipped screenshots> 

All had to be downsized.

I never said KH wouldn't work on the Wii, but it would look better on the 360 and PS3. Also, Smash Bros. does not look better than Blue Dragon. In addition, you have to know it's much easier to make Smash Bros. and Pokemon Battle look better because the game takes place in small areas compared to Blue Dragon's vast expanses. It's easy to add more detail to background and floors all the time when the game takes place in a few arenas compared to big areas. This doesn't mean Super Smash or Pokemon look better than Blue Dragon. Especially not graphically, artistically you might make a case.

Sorry, simplistic characters in a small visible world with prerendered backgrounds and very few effects? And this is somehow not possible on the Wii?

Don't kid yourself. There are many games that the Wii would not be able to handle. There are many games the Wii could handle with nothing but graphical losses. Blue Dragon is neither of those. The only thing that the Wii could not handle from those screenshots you gaveis the resolution.

I won't say the game looks bad, but easily doable on the Wii.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

PS3 + PS3, simply because those games are hardcore and Nintendo only gets junk or simple spin off games from Square Enix... or remakes. But you honestly don't expect an exclusive KH3 on the WII now don't you? If that will happen, it would be serious world news.

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

square enix have childrens of Sony i think lol, for that kh3 be a ps3 game, and maybe square gives sony final fantasy XIV, XV, XVI, XVI, and all the new big IP

Just because previous KH have had more sales in USA, you all think it has to be in 360-PS3?

Oh cmon.

1st, check comparisons between 1 and 2.
1 has sold about 1.5 mil more in USA. My opinion is that it is because this game appeals a lot more than casuals than hardcore. Those disney loving guys who owned a PS2 got the 1st one, but they probably didn`t liked the game or they never found out the 2nd had been released. USA sales are declining, and if they release it there 2, then it will decline even more.

Again, you say USA is more important. Then tell me why KH Final Mix II has been released only in Japan. If SE thought the series was really big in USA, they would have released it in there.

Now, something I realized yesterday. 360s fanbase is exactly the opposite of KH base. Check sales of games that featured cartoony graphics. Very bad, especially after the advertisement some of them received. Do you think the FPS lovers of 360 want to be happily helping Winnie the Pooh or swiming in Atlantida with the Little Mermaid?

The main selling point of KH is that it merges all of Disney worlds. After that come the FF cameos, the good story, etc. Me and many friends were attracted because of that. If SE and Disney keeps the formula, it would be financial suicide to may it for PS3/360.

If they decide to take a new path, more less like the KH FM2 ending, then it is probably going there.

And about the graphics, Wii is considerably more powerful than PS2. They can still make a leap from the last game, and that`s what it matters. It doesn`t hurt that it will cost a lot less, and can help finance future SE projects that involve bigger risks.

Around the Network

And now you're talking like all those others the same story which make me sick! Only because Kingdom Hearts looks like a kids game or hasn't a real serious story it should be on the WII...that's your point.. right? So like I said before, apparently Nintendo is not good enough to get a good story based, die hard adult like RPG game.. Playstation and MS are just sooo better for that...

"It doesn`t hurt that it will cost a lot less, and can help finance future SE projects that involve bigger risks. "

Once more WII is nothing but an experiment or life saving for developers to drop cheep made games... That's the feeling I get again from reading this...

This profile is no longer in use, see my other profile *~Onna76~*

mrstickball said:
No, the reason he, and I think that KH3 will be on PS3/360 isn't because of fanboyism (don't you own a Wii, anyways? After all, you have a friggin' Miyamoto quote in your sig)

Some of us believe KH3 would go MP 360/PS3, because *gasp* it might sell better! It's not fanboyism, it's a strong belief that it could. Spiderman, Shrek and POTC all sold far far better on PS3 + X360 than the Wii alone, and if that represents the fanbase that'd buy the Wii KH3, then even there, it proves that the fanbase of the Wii wouldn't quite be as strong as you think.

Like it's been said, KH1-2's sales, the vast majority, were in countries where the 360/PS3 are the strongest. Not only this, attach ratios for the PS3/360 are better, therefore more software is being moved, and a greater chance of selling KH3 to the purchaser(s) of the PS3/360.

Again, IMO, I'd think there will be a KH for Wii, but probably like FF:CC was. It'll probably be a spin-off ala FF vs. XIII.

Don't say your fanboyisms don't get into the argument, and only ours does.

As I said it's a non-issue for me personally as I will own all the platforms. But, first of all your entire argument rests on one basic and completely wrong principle: That Square Enix will EVER release a dual platform game on a primary franchise. Since the NES days this hasn't happened, and I don't know what you think makes the Xbox 360 so special that they will do this now, other than the fact that you own it. So that's why I think your personal preferences are getting in the way of your logical analysis of it's likely location. It will be PS3, Wii, or 360. It's not going to be 2 platforms just so it can compete with the Wii. If Square Enix feels that they would have to make it 2 platforms to sell well, guess what they'll do? They will put it on the Wii.

Oh, and now you are making up things to try and win this argument, which is incredibly insulting. Shrek the Third wasn't even released on the PS3, and it sold worse on the 360 than the Wii (did you think I wouldn't check on a site where they are 1 freaking click away?) http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6121. http://vgchartz.com/games/game.php?id=6120. Not that movie games are at all relevant to a Disney/SE RPG, but if you are going to lie about numbers I'm damn sure not gonna let it slide. Pirates of the Carribean and Spider-Man 3 have nothing to do with Kingdom Hearts (Hell, even Shrek is a HUGE stretch).

So, moving past fake numbers, you have yet to state a reason that movie game sales determine a Disney RPG's sales... That's like saying Wii Sports shows that Halo 3 would sell better on the Wii. They are completely unrelated. The strongest sales for Kingdom Hearts were in America and Japan, the weakest in others. Now correct me if I'm wrong, but are the Wii's strongest sales regions not America and Japan? Please tell me if I got that wrong, but you're going to need to change the numbers on the site too...

Attach ratios for the PS3's are worse in America (3.4 to 3.6) and HORRIBLE in Japan (1.9 I believe). The 360's were slightly better than the Wii in America, and of course it's a non issue in Japan (basically balancing the 360 out to being a horrible platform for KH).

So, let's review:

You think that Square is going to break a 20 year trend of no dual platform games for their primary franchises, so that you can play it on the 360. You site movie games as the reason (with one of your examples complete BS), and higher attach rates in the countries that it sells (which isn't true at all). I'm sorry, but the only situation I see of KH3 not being on the Wii is if development began more than a year ago. Otherwise, the spinoff will be on the PS3, and the 360 will probably get nothing (they aren't going to sacrifice 1.2 million Japanese sales for the 360 to get the game).

Edit:  Heh, this was just posted.  Figure I'll add it for reinforcement against your attach rate argument http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=3795&start=0#end

naznatips said:

You think that Square is going to break a 20 year trend of no dual platform games, so that you can play it on the 360.  You site movie games as the reason (with one of your examples complete BS), and higher attach rates in the countries that it sells (which isn't true at all).   I'm sorry, but the only situation I see of  KH3 not being on the Wii is if development began more than a year ago.  Otherwise, the spinoff will be on the PS3, and the 360 will probably get nothing (they aren't going to sacrifice 1.2 million Japanese sales for the 360 to get the game).

Have you not heard of The Last Remnant, a DUAL platform game for the PS3 and 360?  I'm willing to bet the game will sell *a lot* on the 360 and PS3.

*Edit: Oops I guess you meant primary series but I can't understand the logic behind that if they're willing to do ports and remakes of games on just about every platform and also have a multi-platform game in development for the PS3 and 360 and have mentioned that the Unreal 3 engine keeps down costs, that it would be so impossible to believe that they'd make other multi-platform titles.  I mean if Capcom is now doing it with their Resident Evil franchise and many many other developers are making multi-platform titles with their major series for the PS3 and 360 why not Square?  As for them not breaking traditions, I remember people saying they'd never leave Nintendo's platform (that was right up until the big FF7 shocker was dropped on the public). 

Legend11 said:
naznatips said:

You think that Square is going to break a 20 year trend of no dual platform games, so that you can play it on the 360. You site movie games as the reason (with one of your examples complete BS), and higher attach rates in the countries that it sells (which isn't true at all). I'm sorry, but the only situation I see of KH3 not being on the Wii is if development began more than a year ago. Otherwise, the spinoff will be on the PS3, and the 360 will probably get nothing (they aren't going to sacrifice 1.2 million Japanese sales for the 360 to get the game).

Have you not heard of The Last Remnant, a DUAL platform game for the PS3 and 360? I'm willing to bet the game will sell *a lot* on the 360 and PS3.

Yeah, I edited it to primary because of that.  I was thinking along the lines of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts... their 3 primary game series.  The Last Remnant is a new IP, and they have made occaissional smaller games into dual platforms (Itadaki Street in Japan), but they keep their primary sellers as system exclusives.

naznatips said:
Legend11 said:
naznatips said:

You think that Square is going to break a 20 year trend of no dual platform games, so that you can play it on the 360. You site movie games as the reason (with one of your examples complete BS), and higher attach rates in the countries that it sells (which isn't true at all). I'm sorry, but the only situation I see of KH3 not being on the Wii is if development began more than a year ago. Otherwise, the spinoff will be on the PS3, and the 360 will probably get nothing (they aren't going to sacrifice 1.2 million Japanese sales for the 360 to get the game).

Have you not heard of The Last Remnant, a DUAL platform game for the PS3 and 360? I'm willing to bet the game will sell *a lot* on the 360 and PS3.

Yeah, I edited it to primary because of that.  I was thinking along the lines of Final Fantasy, Dragon Quest, and Kingdom Hearts... their 3 primary game series.  The Last Remnant is a new IP, and they have made occaissional smaller games into dual platforms (Itadaki Street in Japan), but they keep their primary sellers as system exclusives.

Square Enix has put the next major installment of Dragon Quest on the DS, I'm curious when was the last time they made a major new installment of one of their primary series exclusive to a  handheld (and no I'm not talking about side stories or other spinoffs)?  Why am I mentioning this?  Well to show that not everything is like it used to be at Square Enix and that they're willing to break traditions and have been doing just that.  You can go ahead and argue that it's still platform exclusive but the fact that it's moving to a handheld platform is still significant.