By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - me and my xbox360

@Leetgeek
have fun playing it in 2 years time. of which i would have already have rebought a ps3. so, whats your point?

Around the Network

welcome to the 360 club, it's a great console

Just promise you'll tell us if you get RROD?

yeah i recently got the 299 deal and the fan surprised me, before i had it kinda hidden so i didn't notice the noise but noise i have it out in the open and man it is pretty loud

numbers never lie due, the ps3 IS more powerful... but it takes more time to see that power.

Yeah, you keep sucking up the Sony spin and waiting for that to happen. We're only 2 years into the "10 year plan" so plenty of time for "the power of the Cell!!" to be unleashed yet right? lol.

Around the Network
ils411 said:

i didnt play much. just drove around a bit. then took out the game and let the x360 cool down for about 20min before turning it off.

Excuse me,I'm curious about cool down.Do you have to cool it down for 20 mins everytime before close it?

I don't have Xbox 360 yet ,so i want to know about it. :3

ils411 said:

so when i first lifted the box, i was surprissed as it felt like it weighed a ton. so i lugged it home and excitedly opened it. i knew the x360 was big but man, i didnt think that it was as huge as a ps3! it was big and heavy plus it didnt look very elegant at all.

everything about the x360was huge and heavy. the power cord was thick and heavy, the component cable has also thick and heavy. the controller, though not as huge as the original xbox controller seemed big to me too as i was use to the size of the ps3 controller plus coming from a history of sony consoles.

Just for comparison a few stats:

Madanial said:
ils411 said:

i didnt play much. just drove around a bit. then took out the game and let the x360 cool down for about 20min before turning it off.

Excuse me,I'm curious about cool down.Do you have to cool it down for 20 mins everytime before close it?

No you don't. What would be the point, because if you switch it off it will cool down anyway? The original 360 and the Zephyr used to get quite hot, but my Falcon model is always fairly cool to the touch - more so than my Wii anyway.

Welcome to the club mate. And goodbye for the next couple of months unless you also fancy games like Fable that is goodbye for the next 6 months!!!
Enjoy your games!

OH! Look at the poor Leetgeek... Another ban? I wonder why...

horriblebastard said:
Madanial said:
ils411 said:

No you don't. What would be the point, because if you switch it off it will cool down anyway? The original 360 and the Zephyr used to get quite hot, but my Falcon model is always fairly cool to the touch - more so than my Wii anyway.

i really dont know. just following what many say as some ways to lengthen the x360s life span. i dont really believe in it but better safe than sorry.