By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - VGChartz members failure rate (Wii)...

My launch Wii works perfectly, no problems.

Also, my Cube, N64, SNES and NES all still work!

WiiU Network ID:  the_Ultros

PSN: Anthaleigh

Xbxox Live:  campblood1980

Around the Network

Since 8th December, it runs just fine.

no problems, got it at launch =)

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

Launch day (December)

Couple of lockup on the browser.
Restart fixed though

Visit my interactive story site
http://www.catprog.org/story.html

I have a launch system and it works fine. Every now and then it will freeze going from the Wii Menu to Wii Shop (I think that's where, hasn't happened in a long time) but a reset fixes that.

Around the Network

why have 3 or so people discussed the condition of their PS3? We are talking about Wii's here

i ahve had mine since Jan and it still works great! =D

Switch Friend Code - 3664 - 9964 - 9777

Smash Ultimate Alias - Happy Lion

Mains: Donkey Kong, King K. Rool, Diddy Kong

No problem with any of our 3 Wiis, but one of the Wiimotes didn't work out of the box.

Had one since late December(Christmas).

Froze once during the first of the final battles in Zelda TP; Re-started it and finished the game.  No new problems as of yet. 

Had a few software crashes (had SSX lock up on us this morning - resetting hardware fixed/restored it).

Ended up with a defective SD card slot (although we didn't really realise it, nor did it actually impact us). It wasn't till the "infamous engagement part incident" (i.e. DS card inserted into CD slot) that we had to send it to Nintendo, and we got sent a new one. We lost all our saves & settings (guess Nintendo couldn't restore/backup all the data due to the defective SD slot?) - but still had our VC purchases (losing everything sucked big time). 

So apart from software related crashes, looks like the Wii is "fairly" stable (no where near 360 failure rates anyway).

I do worry a little about the drives in the Wii in general. Hope they don't die within 3-4 years...  

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099