By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - hello wii360...see ya later ps3

Haven't you heard MGS4 is on 360 too?

Around the Network

congrats on getting a better view of what games are one the market, when you have more then one machine your opinion in mine and many others go up b/c now you can know what is out there

also watch out for the gamer score achievements become like crack real fast

ils411 said:

as many know, i'm a ps3 owner and a sony supporter. however, my faith in sony has been decreased significantly due to many of their actions (namely doing nothing...). well, i finally did the unthinkable. i sold my ps3 and got a used wii and xbox360.

this is the package which i sold

ps3 40gig with 1 sixaxis controler and one red octane guitar controller

games

uncharted, heavenly sword, mgs4, guitar hero3, resistance, nba 2k7, genji, and iron man. installed were 8 psn games super stardust hd, calling all cars, pain, high velosity bowling, wolf of the battle field, fatal inertia fx, tekken5 online, and pixeljunk monsters. also installed were 2 psone pames crash bandicoot warped and crash bandicoot 2

for the exact same amount of money which i earned from selling my ps3, i bought this

used wii with 2 sets of wiimote and nunchuc attatchment and one third party guitar controller

games

gutiar hero3, guitar hero aerosmith, mario party 8, mario kart wii, resident evil 4 wii, wii sport, dancing with the stars, game party and zack and wiki

i was also able to buy a used xbox360 with the 20gig hdd with one controller

games

gta4, project gotham3, assassin's creed, cod3, gears of war, nba 2k7, nba 2k8, nba live 08, fight night round3, ghost reacon advance warfare, nba live 07, need for speed carbon, need for speed most wanted, quake4, kameo, virtua tenis3 and hackdown.

originally, i was only planning to buy a ps2. but with this bundles. i dont think i'm going to need to buy a ps2 any time soon.

i know there are those who would say that buying used is a no no...but with the wii and xbox360 bundles which i got for the price of my ps3? damn i'm very very pleased with myself. 

i'll post my impressions of the wii and xbox360 later on their respective forums.

anyways, carry on.

Why have you done this? Why abandon sony in their darkest hour? Dont you know how much you mean to them?

And you just take all of your love and give it to two new consoles....unbelievable. I hope you can sleep at night.

I hope you can live through the pain you have caused Sony! And yourself!

One day you will realise the mistake you have made....one day.....

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

ils411 said:

dont get me wrong. the ps3 is a wonderful machine. and i loved every minute i spent playing it. but i want my rpgs now. and saddly, the ps3 has zero. the wii has a tales game coming out soon. the xbox360 already has mass effect, lost odyssy and eternal sonata already out. plus tov is already in the horizon. ffxiii and xiii vs will probably release near 2010 and thats just to long to wait.

and yes, i do agree with you. having a ps3 or an x360 is almost the same thing. but for the price of my ps3 consloe and games i get a wii and an xbox360 with more than double my original game collection, you just cant go wrong with that.

*cough* Blue Dragon *cough*

It's really not that bad like some people say.

@ Leetgekk

Thank you for proving that the 360 version of MGS4 has better graphics and gameplay :P

EDIT: Just saw you've been banned. Have a good time in that month

starcraft will be wrapped that your bought a X360. RolUnStoppable will be happy you bought a Nintendo Wii.

However leo-j and ssj12 will not be happy that you got rid of your PS3.

You can not please everyone. I guess a PS3 will be your Xmas present?

Around the Network

depends, if some poor sap will be selling his ps3 really cheap, then i'd be more than happy to take it off of his hands LOL

but probably not till mid or late next year. having all three consoles is good but i doubt i'd have enough time to play all of the great games on all of the systems.

ils411, congrats. You made an awesome gaming choice. You owe no one a response for your actions. And you aren't turning your back on Sony - you are just taking a break from them to see the world. Good. Enjoy seeing how the other side games and not maintain a warped, close minded view that everything Sony or PC is gaming, not the 360 or Wii.

Again, congrats and enjoy a killer (and rather popular) gaming lineup. Awesome deal, btw.

fayewong said:
I don't think he would have sold it just because one game lost exclusivity if you can still get it on the PS3. RPG player or not, you can't put the blame all towards one game for a main reason to sell it. But since you stated F, did you mean Final Fantasy Versus? oh wait............last I checked........ it was still exclusive, but I think you meant the original one.

I would've done the same thing too, but I would have only got the Wii with more games since those games are really fun with the motion controller. Having the 360 is just the same as PS3 so it would be like selling a system for a few better FPS games+ better online play with a FEE. Multiplatform games are still on both systems so if you got a PS3 or 360, it would've made no difference. I hate FPS games with a passion too so I would never get a 360 because they have a good section of FPS games. Plus I already played Fable on the PC and it wasn't that great to me either.

Wow ... troll much? You obliviously have no love for the 360, and he jettisoned his PS3, so what exactly are you adding to the convo beside some hate spewing? Sheez ...

Luka87XD said:
you are patethic

And you are banned. He made his choice - accept it.

Fernando said:

Im surprised that you got a lot of money... generally a PS3 is only worth like $43.99... well, thats the amount I would pay for a movie player =p

lol and you feel less ripped off for the wii?? surely its got games, but 249.99 for cheap hardware thats insane.. (i doubt it cost nintendo more than 100 dollars to make it

oh and to the original poster, you will like wiisports a lot at the beegining but the magic gets lost pretty fast no more than 2 weeks i think its going to last