By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Namco turning it's back on the PS3

Commenting on the announcement of a special collector's edition on Tales of Vesperia, Namco Bandai Spokesman Hikaru Utada commented: "we are very excited to release this game to all of our fans worldwide exclusively on the 360". When asked about why they chose to release it exclusively for the 360: "We felt that the 360 is the best and most capable platform for this game, and felt that releasing it exclusively on the 360 would be the most wise decision". When asked on plans for a PS3 port and any future PS3 projects, Utada responded: "We have no plans for a PS3 port. We're currently working on Tekken 6 and Eternal Sonata for the PS3, but we have no plans to support the PS3 after those two games.

Source: http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1213750_1124.html

This hurts and is very surprising since the PS3 is doing so much better, it must the the programming cost.

Discuss

Around the Network

Oh wow, brutally honest.

ZOMG M$ Paid them TO SAY THAT!!! THiS SUxors so MUCH!!

The C3LL Makes KiTTENS!!!

I'm just trying to keep one step ahead....

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

You know japanese?

Namco? Never heard of them...

Around the Network

Got this from GameFaq's

Why so mad? The 360 has more consoles plus they said they are working on 2 games for the PS3.

M$ keeps giving cash,actually Bill Gates paid me alot of cash so I would buy a 360 instead of a ps3, I also got a free T-shirt :)

Sell ToV in the west, then we'll talk.

matt247 said:
Why so mad? The 360 has more consoles plus they said they are working on 2 games for the PS3.

More consoles sold...Did you read after the 2 games? We get nothing, nothing at all. I'm just waiting for them to announce both of those games going multiplatform.