By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Pro Evo 2009 on the Wii: Konami did it again.....

We have already had an identical thread

Around the Network

They are deliberately losing potential buyers with this move. Sure that the game will sell very well on the HD consoles

The thing is you only have so many development resources. So you will target your most important platforms first. As a PS3 owner I have felt the bad side of this a couple of times especially from PC developers like Valve that can easily port something to the 360 because they can use the same tools, Direct3D etc. but have to do more work to port it to the PS3.

I think this approach is good. Better make the game great on one platform and take your time to port instead of making a crappy multiplatform release. Sadly I like PC games so perhaps I have the wrong console in this regard.

Oh and if your game sold ~3m on HD consoles and 600k on Wii you cannot fault them for prioritizing accordingly.

Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07 for the Wii came out in March 07 & it's sequel (08) was released in August 07. But this was done by EA and they probably have much bigger resources than Konami.

PES on the Wii is far superior in terms of actual gameplay. The PES series on ps2 and xbox was great but nowhere near what the Wii offers thanks to the wiimote.

Trust me, with Wii i can finally put into play the exact tactic i wanted to without having to worry that the crummy AI will fail to understand my actions. How many times did you want that sideback to come up for a 1-2 play or just flank the defence only to see that it won't because the Ai sucks?

Thanks to the Wiimote you have full control over the whole pitch and your players.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Kyros said:

They are deliberately losing potential buyers with this move. Sure that the game will sell very well on the HD consoles

The thing is you only have so many development resources. So you will target your most important platforms first. As a PS3 owner I have felt the bad side of this a couple of times especially from PC developers like Valve that can easily port something to the 360 because they can use the same tools, Direct3D etc. but have to do more work to port it to the PS3.

I think this approach is good. Better make the game great on one platform and take your time to port instead of making a crappy multiplatform release. Sadly I like PC games so perhaps I have the wrong console in this regard.

Oh and if your game sold ~3m on HD consoles and 600k on Wii you cannot fault them for prioritizing accordingly.

Oh, we know that; that's why we want a day-and-date simultaneous release of the Wii version.  So that we have a chance to show that the Wii can benefit just as much from the early launch as the HD consoles (with the initial advertising push, especially)

Also, is it really up to 600k?  Damn, that game blew past my expectations, considering the last time we saw it in the top 200 was like a month ago or something, and it was at like 200k or something then...

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

Around the Network

Pro Evo has gone right down the toilet since 6 so no loss, its basically an arcade footy game and is certainly not the simulation it once was.

Menago KF said:
PES on the Wii is far superior in terms of actual gameplay. The PES series on ps2 and xbox was great but nowhere near what the Wii offers thanks to the wiimote.

Trust me, with Wii i can finally put into play the exact tactic i wanted to without having to worry that the crummy AI will fail to understand my actions. How many times did you want that sideback to come up for a 1-2 play or just flank the defence only to see that it won't because the Ai sucks?

Thanks to the Wiimote you have full control over the whole pitch and your players.

Can you play 4 player?

yea but isn't Pro Evo Wii the best version of the game?

The Wii was designed for little girls and old people , why are you fags playing the Wii anyway ?

Pro Evolotion belongs on the 360 not the Fag Wii.

Time to join the Konami Boycott.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."