By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - MGS4 shipped 3.94m as of June 30, 2008

Never mind DTG, he's the same person who said the Batman movie was a copy of MG.

Around the Network

£29.98 & this item Delivered FREE in the UK with Super Saver Delivery. See details and conditions

Cool deal but ALL UK games are available 10 pound cheaper with free delivey. And 30 pound are still 40 Euro or 60 Dollar. But nice find I may buy it.

Diomedes1976 said:
Lets not forget its bundled in both US and Europe.Here for example the bundle that I always see sold out is the MGS4 one.

I'm sure the bundle is counted in the shipped number.

Fact: Earthbound is the greatest game ever made

DTG said:

It seems everyone ignores the obvious agenda this site has against MGS.

We aren't ignoring some strange agenda this website may or may not have. We are ignoring you. The routine got old a few hundred posts ago so no one is bothering to respond. If you want I could pull up a huge list of games that are clearly under-tracked by this website. The old games have that problem. Jusr do a search for Disgaea and Viewtiful Joe and you will see what I mean.

I'm sure the bundle is counted in the shipped number.

No way! Konami is clearly under-tracking their PS3 games!

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229

Around the Network

Its pretty clear MGS4 is way under tracked by this place.

kowenicki said:

I actually think MGS4 sales are good, but nowhere near what some were hoping/expecting.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? BULLSHIT.  Most people didn't expect this game to sell more than 1.5 million copies.  For KONAMI to have profitted of 3 million + units is miraculous.  I think it will have life time shipped numbers of 5 million when its all said and done. 

As for the bargain bin zealot up top, go check out GTAIV in the bargain / used bin around the world.  Sensationlism, jeeze.  Give Sony and Konami credit some of you guys. I swear some people on this forum want to see Sony die.

OT: I bet Gears of War 2 will outsell this game.  There Microsoft fans, you can now die happily.

Console Agnostic since 2001.

talkingparrot said:
kowenicki said:

I actually think MGS4 sales are good, but nowhere near what some were hoping/expecting.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAT? BULLSHIT.  Most people didn't expect this game to sell more than 1.5 million copies.  For KONAMI to have profitted of 3 million + units is miraculous.  I think it will have life time shipped numbers of 5 million when its all said and done. 

As for the bargain bin zealot up top, go check out GTAIV in the bargain / used bin around the world.  Sensationlism, jeeze.  Give Sony and Konami credit some of you guys. I swear some people on this forum want to see Sony die.

OT: I bet Gears of War 2 will outsell this game.  There Microsoft fans, you can now die happily.

Some people didn't think MGS4 would break 500k lifetime in Japan ;)

Id estimate that MGS4 shipped 3.54 million for the quarter. This is based off Konima shipping only 0.20 million copies of old MGS games last year and that doubling due to MGS4 and MGS: Essentials (which is only available in NA / Japan..).

Since the 3.54 million is at the end of June -- im guessing Konima will have probably shipped approx. 4 million by now. Possibly more though since the game sold extremely well in June and that would lead to substantial July re-orders ...

VGchartz has MGS4 at 2.3 million at the end of June -- which would leave 1.2 million on retail shelves ... so im going to guess either MGS4 will have good legs -- or its slightly under tracked or shipments for 2nd quarter will be quite low ...

3 million shipped is old June numbers. How about reality numbers for the present? 4 million+ easy.