By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PR starting to turn people off?

I've noticed a shift the last few weeks in how people view Sony...

Just wondering if there are any Sony supporters who are seeing a different side to the company?

It still seems to be cool to chose a PS3 over a 360 at the moment...but I'm getting the sense the public at large could soon swtich if Sony doesn't stop this PR crap they've been spouting the last month or so...It didn't wash in 2007, it doesn't wash now!

"10 Year Plan"...and so on.

Around the Network

lolwut?

The PR is still much better than what we saw in the previous 2 years. Besides, how many people outside of gamers really care what the PR says? Most of the people who actually listen to what each and every PR says have already made up their mind on what system they want.

It is not really starting, it used to be much worse

I dont care about sonys pr. I already have a ps3. They cant put me off buying one if i already own one

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Ironically more people defended the PR when it was worse. But trust me, no mater what Sony says it will encourage those who really want to believe it.

I actually think they've eaten a little humble pie, and they're not quite as intolerable as they were a year or two ago. Still pretty bad, though, I'll give you that. The "ten year" stuff is beyond parody at this point.

No. I don't get my panties in a bunch over what people say.

I would say anyone who claims they are not going to buy a PS3 over this never intended to buy one in the first place.

They've improved.

Believe it or not.

You do remember the creepy crying babydoll in the perfectly white, seamless room, right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqkNPcUMffU
Nothings sony's doing right now is giving me nightmares, so I consider it a big improvement.

And if we're just doing PR and not advertisements, don't forget such amazing lines as "Next gen starts when we say it does" and (and this is a paraphrase, I don't remember the exact quote) 'Everyone will buy the PS3 even if it doesn't ever get any games, because they love us that much'

Wii has more 20 million sellers than PS3 has 5 million sellers.

Acolyte of Disruption