By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PR starting to turn people off?

Onimusha12 said:
Ironically more people defended the PR when it was worse. But trust me, no mater what Sony says it will encourage those who really want to believe it.

And discourage those that don't.

Around the Network
dbot said:
I don't really notice any issues with Sony PR. In fact it is pretty tame compared to some of the BS the MS's Aaron Greenberg comes up with.

I must agree....

4 ≈ One

another troll, troll away son

Desroko said:
They've improved.

Believe it or not.

Thats definately true. I thought so a few months ago at least, but recently there has been quite a lot of the old pie in the sky talk. This could well be down to E3 though, Microsoft have by no means been perfect and a little too "corporate" for my taste.

megaman2 said:
another troll, troll away son

Why so?

Around the Network

LOL i think your nuts or simply have no clue about things.

Heh... Their arrogance was one of the main reasons the PS3 was selling so bad for the first 2 years... Their PR has DEFINITELY improved since they've been humbled...

The PR situation in the last few weeks had been pretty dire to say the very least. With that said I tend to take it with a grain of salt, but these guys are definitely working over time lately since E3. By no means has there PR improved in the last few weeks either.

PR wouldn't be so bad if people could just see it for what it is instead of getting sucked in by it. The 10 year life cycle thing is believable though. The PS2's in its 8th year now and still selling quite well.

MontanaHatchet said:
The PR is still much better than what we saw in the previous 2 years. Besides, how many people outside of gamers really care what the PR says? Most of the people who actually listen to what each and every PR says have already made up their mind on what system they want.

The crappy PR is why we get only tiny blurbs in mainstream media.

WSJ has a multipage interview with Iwata, it's free advertising and it's positive because he doesn't sound like a douche.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.