By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony PR starting to turn people off?

What dog's said :P

Oh and who honestly cares what they say about a 10 year plan? They haven't disappointed on that promise yet have they? :P We still have another 7 years to go till we can slap them with that one.

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

Around the Network

The PSone and PS2 both endured long spells even though they had even rougher starts. I think the PSone didn't even have games at launch and the PS2 was so complex to design for at the time that devs were complaining and dooming the system on a regular basis.

When the PS3 came out, everyone went on to say that Blu-ray was the wrong bet to place on the PS3 and it turned out that it won the format war. They said that the PS3 was too complex to design for and now devs are saying they see so much potential in the PS3. At the begining, u had companies like Valve who went on to do crappy ports on the PS3 and now, u have companies doing games like mirrors edge and putting the PS3 as their main platform for the game.

At the begining, u didn't have games to showcase the PS3, it had no games(or at least, so few) and now, it is the 'console' system with the most exclusive in the works.

From an unbiased point of view, as many know I'm not a PS3 fan nor even own a PS3, I'd say the Sony PR is damn believable and way more credible that you would give it credit for. I'm even starting to believe that their 10 year life cycle isn't so far fetched afterall...

I am a Gamer... I play games and not consoles. I have a PC and Console on which I game... I like games. End of Story!

M$ PR is just as bad if not worse depending on who you ask. Wasn't one of them even laughing at Nintendo (who just made a billion profit) after E3?

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

@Burgles...

did you photoshop your head on somones body in monochrome?

@OP

I only care about product that's the part that involves me handing over money which is my physical investment of time. That is all I care about. So the quick answer is no.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

I don't really notice any issues with Sony PR. In fact it is pretty tame compared to some of the BS the MS's Aaron Greenberg comes up with.

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

Around the Network
Pristine20 said:
M$ PR is just as bad if not worse depending on who you ask. Wasn't one of them even laughing at Nintendo (who just made a billion profit) after E3?

I believe Nintendo PR ia the least insulting, but even they have some people that run off at the mouths, like with the storage thing, or which Miyamoto inadvertantly insults every other developer with his musings. Accidental, though it may be. You can't blame an overall company on the words of one non-company spokesperson.

That said, Sony and Microsoft have came out with some pretty atrocious lies, imo, in the past. Lies as in cherrypicks, halftruthes, and flagrant misrepresentations. Like everytime either company talks about how good their sales are.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

i prefer "10 years cycle" to "puppies are cute!!"

Sony PR has turned me off since 1995.

WHERE IS MY KORORINPA 3

stop this PR crap they've been spouting the last month

??? Something specific? They made lots of PR crap before the PS3 was released but recently they a little bit less annoying than MS or even Nintendo.

The 10 year cycle is most likely true. That doesn't mean that they will wait 8 years for the PS4 but that they support the PS3 for 10 years. Something I can easily believe given how powerful the thing is.

Yeah I think Microsoft's PR has been a lot worse lately, PS3 didn't really have anything to talk about until MGS4 came out.

I think Sony has been very humble of late, except for that one douchebag Scott Steinberg.