By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

welcome!

your post reminds me of "long time listener, first time caller." when people call in a radio show.

the Wii is an epidemic.

Around the Network

Originally I was going to dog pile on ckmlb and his prediction but on second thought I'll leave it to fishy joe.

The sales of this game seem to be turning a lot of heads.  I know over the neogaf NPD thread one of the three main topics seemed to be the strong sales of RE4 (along with Strikers), the others being Wii sales and the failure of the PS3 to outsell the 360.  I hope Capcom and other 3rd parties are paying attention.

Edit1: 600th Post!!!

Edit2: I would expect it to do about 800-900k WW by the end of this year and very possibly over 1 million by Capcom's original target date of March 31st, 2008.

Wow, the game really has been doing that well hasn't it. It's amazing! I bought it last july and it's probably my best purchase after Twilight Princess. I really got my money's worth!

I hope the game sells 1 million WW, but it's doubtful. Eitherway, Capcomps expectations were slaughtered. It comes to show that when a good game comes to the Wii, people will buy it.

3DS FC: 1306 6473 7511

Nintendod Network ID: xsorenx

Add me for Pokemon, New Leaf, and Fire Emblem, Mario Kart 8.

albionus said:

Edit2: I would expect it to do about 800-900k WW by the end of this year and very possibly over 1 million by Capcom's original target date of March 31st, 2008.

That was going to be a question of mine.  What time frame did Capcom give the game to hit 450k?  If it's by March 2008, they will at the very minimum double the expectations.

Developers usually allocate resources and game line up 2-3 years in advance but I think the Wii has really caused a lot of developers to work to alter that common practice and reacclocate resources to Wii.  Given the success of RE4, I think Capcom will have a lot to offer Wii in the future.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

Viper1 said:
albionus said:

That was going to be a question of mine. What time frame did Capcom give the game to hit 450k? If it's by March 2008, they will at the very minimum double the expectations.

Capcoms projections were through March of 2008. Notice how they had absolutely low expectations for it? They are going to shatter that 42k by March 2008 by so far its not even funny.

Around the Network

http://ir.capcom.co.jp/english/news/html/e070831.html

In May, Capcom released a "Resident Evil 4 Wii edition", the latest game from the critically acclaimed "Resident Evil" series. This game has achieved solid success worldwide, shipping about 750,000 copies (as of August 31st 2007).

crho said:

In May, Capcom released a "Resident Evil 4 Wii edition", the latest game from the critically acclaimed "Resident Evil" series. This game has achieved solid success worldwide, shipping about 750,000 copies (as of August 31st 2007).

great news

750k at August 31? My god they are crushing their 420k shipped prediction. Its not even close. Man by March they should clear 900k shipped. I dont know that it has the steam to ship 1million worldwide though. But still. REWii shipping 900k while Dead Rising shipped 1.1million and Lost planet shipped 1.3 million is insane. The dev costs of RE:Wii vs LP or DR isnt even close. Not close at all. They are just printing money on this game.

Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

rho said:

Expectations = shattered.

Capcom is stupid. Why not make wii versions of Devil May Cry, Okami, and other franchises that no longer make money?