By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

DeltaXIII said:

takkxyz said:

While blowing off heads are nice, you'll be thinking twice about it by chapter 2.

I thought it didn't matter if you shot their head or not for that. Either way, I still did it sometimes. Usually tried to go with the shoot, kick, knife technique for small groups.

Yeah I never stop going for head shots.  

Around the Network
naznatips said:
DeltaXIII said:

takkxyz said:

While blowing off heads are nice, you'll be thinking twice about it by chapter 2.

I thought it didn't matter if you shot their head or not for that. Either way, I still did it sometimes. Usually tried to go with the shoot, kick, knife technique for small groups.

Yeah I never stop going for head shots.

Oh, yeah, right... I almost forget, cause I didn't really stop doing headshots either... (kinda hypocritical there of me, sorry)

I am a PC gamer, and also have a NDS now, but without access to a Nintendo Wii until End of 2007.

Currently playing: Super Smash Brothers Brawl(Wii), Mystery Dungeon: Shiren the Wanderer(DS), Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (DS), WiiFit(Wii)

Games Recently Beaten: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: My Life as a King (Normal; Very Hard after the next DLCs become available)

1 word: RTFA

No problem. They may still think twice about it.

To be more on topic, I expect it to pass expectations. I've been recommending it to people who didn't get around to playing the earlier versions.

DeltaXIII said:

takkxyz said:

yeah I thought the same thing until I got killed by a decapitated gerrado... The damn thing attacked me TWICE while I was concentrating on other targets...

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I never really ran out of ammo but there were times i was down to just a few clips with the handgun and some rifle shots, but healing items on the other hand....i walked out of the last battle with 4 first aid sprays, 4 red/green herbs and 2 red/green/yellow (life was at max) on my first play through.

If i would change anything about this game it would be the difficulty of puzzles, I never really had to think about any of em.

Real shooters always aim for the head.

UBISOFT BOYCOTT
Around the Network

I am very short on ammo. Even handgun ammo. And it just isn't enough to protect myself and Ashley as I'm at the part where she has to turn two levers in order for us to cross a moat. I'll have to get creative with my knife.

I was down to just a grenade before that when I was swarmed by monks. I had no ammo left whatsoever and one monk left and saved it for the end. I was ready to stab the ever loving shit out of him if he had gotten up.

This also my first time playing the through game so I'm not really familiar with it. But it's amazing.

Current systems owned: Wii, 360. I'll get a PS3 when hell freezes over!... or when the price drops to a reasonable level. Whichever comes first.

Punch Rockgroin said:
I am very short on ammo. Even handgun ammo. And it just isn't enough to protect myself and Ashley as I'm at the part where she has to turn two levers in order for us to cross a moat. I'll have to get creative with my knife.

I was down to just a grenade before that when I was swarmed by monks. I had no ammo left whatsoever and one monk left and saved it for the end. I was ready to stab the ever loving shit out of him if he had gotten up.

This also my first time playing the through game so I'm not really familiar with it. But it's amazing.

There are 2 vases there that contain 10 shotgun and 10 sniperrifle bullets if I'm not mistaken, did you break those? Just be accurate in your aiming and those should be enough to get past that situation.

ZOMBIES ARRAHGHAHGHGHHGHAG

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?
Yes.

It's 75% there now and still selling 20k+ per week just in the US and Japan combined. The Euro numbers aren't even tabulated in yet.

The rEVOLution is not being televised

shams said:
fooflexible said:

It's as follows:

RE4: Wii Edition

• Expected: 420,000
  • Japan's Total so Far: 82,344 (5 Weeks) 5,979 last week
  • U.S. Total so Far: 134,954 (2 Week)
  • Other Territories: ???
  • So Total so far w is: 217,298

Until foo gets around to it.. :)

RE4: Wii Edition

• Expected: 420,000
  • Japan's Total so Far: 99,403 (8 Weeks) 4,801 last week
  • U.S. Total so Far: 210,822 (5 Week) 17,600 last week
  • Other Territories: ??? (100k estimate?)
  • So Total so far w is: 410,225 (with 'Other' estimate)
I still think this could get close to 1m by the start of next year. 750k at the least.

So this means the game is 10,000 away of meeting its target? However, if those numbers are true, then I'd expect around 20,000 more units shipped worlwide still sitting on shelves...which means Capcom has met the game's prediction...cool.

Now, I don't have this game yet, but if I can have a family member pick it up for me in the U.S., then count 1 unit more. (It doesn't sound like this game will come out in Ecuador for some more time...)