By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Will RE4:Wii Edition meet sales expectations?

KruzeS said:
shams said:

The more time I am putting into Strikers, the more I am enjoying it. Now having regular battles against my housemate, he is starting to kick my butt... :(

Online can be pretty harsh unless you have "trained up", and know most of the "exploits"...

Right. I'm enjoying the game, and doing pretty well on my own... I just can't do anything online. But since I bought it mostly because of online, so I had a game I could pick up anytime and have some fun playing for like 15min, I'm a little disappointed.

Meaning... you are being owned online?

I know - its hard to enjoy when it happens. I went through the same pain, and lost about 10 matches before I got lucky. The matchmaking "improves" as you play more games, and sooner or later you will start playing other people in the same situation.

Most important thing I found was mastering the "d-pad" moves (when you have the ball). The little mushroom guys can jump straight over the keeper into the goal - daisy can teleport past the keeper, etc. I recommend training with Donkey/Bowser as captain, and 2 (or 3) mushroom guys (very fast).

I don't know if our timezones sync, but I'll be more than happy to try some online vrs you if you want.. (PM me, and we can go from there). Ping might suck though...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

Around the Network
shams said:
KruzeS said:
shams said:

The more time I am putting into Strikers, the more I am enjoying it. Now having regular battles against my housemate, he is starting to kick my butt... :(

Online can be pretty harsh unless you have "trained up", and know most of the "exploits"...

Right. I'm enjoying the game, and doing pretty well on my own... I just can't do anything online. But since I bought it mostly because of online, so I had a game I could pick up anytime and have some fun playing for like 15min, I'm a little disappointed.

Meaning... you are being owned online?

I know - its hard to enjoy when it happens. I went through the same pain, and lost about 10 matches before I got lucky. The matchmaking "improves" as you play more games, and sooner or later you will start playing other people in the same situation.

Most important thing I found was mastering the "d-pad" moves (when you have the ball). The little mushroom guys can jump straight over the keeper into the goal - daisy can teleport past the keeper, etc. I recommend training with Donkey/Bowser as captain, and 2 (or 3) mushroom guys (very fast).

I don't know if our timezones sync, but I'll be more than happy to try some online vrs you if you want.. (PM me, and we can go from there). Ping might suck though...

I found I won the first game I played online. Get through the striker cup (at least beat the crystal cup, the striker cup is bloody hard). I found a few things useful:

1) learn how to lob pass, especially with high passing characters (toad, Hammer Bros) to high shooting characters (Hammer Bros, Birdo). They're much harder to intercept
2) I find Birdo scores most of my goals. I don't know why, but she seems to be more lucky with scoring than other players.
3) Steal! It's so satisfying to hit people but stealing is so much better since you can use it to intercept passes and take the ball off someone while keeping the ball yourself.
4) special moves are your friend. Charge up the ball and if someone attacks you pull off your special move
5) Dry Bones is fantastic! you can teleport from well outside the penalty area to inside the goals if the ball is charged up. Absolutely huge. learn to use it
6) charge the ball up in your defensive half with a fake-pass (hold shoot, then when charged press pass.) Then lob pass to your attacker and shoot. works wonders.
7) Don't be afraid to hit people that don't have the ball. And make good use of your items when someone does it to you!

I play with a balanced team: Birdo, Toad, Hammer Bros and Dry Bones. You can swap one of those players out with an equivelant captain, since each captain is basically the same as one player (Peach = toad, Waluigi = dry bones, etc). Learn each character's strengths and weaknesses, only shoot with your good shooters, and only do big passes with your good passers.

Has anyone beaten the striker cup yet (unlocked Petey)? I haven't really had much of a chance to try but the computer is insanely difficult to defeat. 

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I am surprised by the numbers of wii Resident evil 4 numbers, i only hoped 100k or 200k of lifetime for this old game, but now have 200k in Japan and USA only, without Europe numbers, seeing this numbers i think that maybe re4 wii can make 400k or 500k surpass the capcom expectations of 420k, but have to wait one month to have a better vision of this.

Just wanted to let you all know I updated by original post to reflect this weeks numbers, I figured I'd keep it going to see how this rides out.

Does anyone have any sales figures on this game for Europe? Or any other territory outside US/Japan?

I thought this game was going to blow past these expectations but sales have seriously dropped. Do you guys still feel this is going to sell 450?

This is my signature.

Around the Network
Zucas said:
It's not the companies. It's your damn European taxes that cause it to be so high over there. NOt NIntendo's fault. Blame your governments.

actualy no...the VAT in Sweden is 25%, 1 USD = 7 SEK.

RE4 Wiimake in Sweden = 549 SEK (online)

549 SEK = 78 USD.  Remove the tax = 63 USD. So no we are getting screwed a far price should be 263 SEK.

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

fooflexible said:

Just wanted to let you all know I updated by original post to reflect this weeks numbers, I figured I'd keep it going to see how this rides out.

Does anyone have any sales figures on this game for Europe? Or any other territory outside US/Japan?

No but it has been in the top 10 full price chart in UK for three weeks now

Buy it and pray to the gods of Sigs: Naznatips!

I think its time to update the numbers!

This is my signature.

fooflexible said:

It's as follows:

RE4: Wii Edition

• Expected: 420,000
  • Japan's Total so Far: 82,344 (5 Weeks) 5,979 last week
  • U.S. Total so Far: 134,954 (2 Week)
  • Other Territories: ???
  • So Total so far w is: 217,298

Until foo gets around to it.. :)

RE4: Wii Edition

• Expected: 420,000
  • Japan's Total so Far: 99,403 (8 Weeks) 4,801 last week
  • U.S. Total so Far: 210,822 (5 Week) 17,600 last week
  • Other Territories: ??? (100k estimate?)
  • So Total so far w is: 410,225 (with 'Other' estimate)
I still think this could get close to 1m by the start of next year. 750k at the least.

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

ok I gave in and bought it. Managed to get it for $70 so I figured I'd cut my losses and buy.

Pretty good so far, it's a lot more difficult than I was expecting though (keep running out of ammo)

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!