By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - The Witcher

I got this game with my new 9600GT. (even with this my PC still hasnt past $1000 in build costs)

So far I am loving this RPG. It has a great story and a very well designed battle system. I am only about 8 hours into it but it is still a very good game.

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Around the Network

The story has to be great. Based on a Polish fantasy novel by Sapkowski. Really popular in Poland. Too bad that they effed up the movie.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

Menago KF said:
The story has to be great. Based on a Polish fantasy novel by Sapkowski. Really popular in Poland. Too bad that they effed up the movie.

Games based on movies suck.

Games based on books rule.

What did they do wrong to screw up the movie?

PC gaming is better than console gaming. Always.     We are Anonymous, We are Legion    Kick-ass interview   Great Flash Series Here    Anime Ratings     Make and Play Please
Amazing discussion about being wrong
Official VGChartz Folding@Home Team #109453

Bad acting (although the actor playing Geralt was a perfect fit for the job), poor story, poor effects (if only you had seen the dragon, it looked more out of place than those plastic monsters in the 60-70's movies). Basically a very poor effort.

Too bad my pc needs an upgrade, otherwise i would have been playing this game a looong time ago.

Huh. Who would've thought that beggining anew in my real life would coincide with starting anew on vgchartz?

Any day now, the dollar will be worth less than 2 zloty......any day now.....and my life savings will be in total jepordy ;(.

I've been tempted to get it...why should I?

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Well as far as I remember the game was a major hit. It sold ( ok , probably shipped ) a million copies in Europe in matter of a couple of days... and reviews where great to ;)

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Well, not that great exactly, more in the 8.0-8.5 range due to many glitches that accompanied the game at launch. But from what i've heard, the dev made great strides with the game with patches.

Menago KF said:
Well, not that great exactly, more in the 8.0-8.5 range due to many glitches that accompanied the game at launch. But from what i've heard, the dev made great strides with the game with patches.

But thats great for a huge RPG as The Witcher, and TBH it looks far better in my eyes than anything companys like Bethesda made in the last couple of years... a true european RPG if you ask me, and we dont get that a lot lately...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Too bad that the Dev CDProjekt doesn't have the funds to keep pumping out games.

They're only a small Polish dev team after all.

Menago KF said:

The Witcher was the best RPG of 2007 Imo. The problem was it was disregarded by many reviewers because it was an unknown game from an unknown developer.

The Enhanced Edition, which is coming September (I think), will be awesome. It will have everything fixed with the original version, plus 5000 dialogues reworked and revoiced, an extra 5 hours worth of quests, includes the CD soundtrack, etc...