By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What is the great announcement at SE Party ?

It has already become pretty standard that every time a gaming company promises a great announcement, they actually don't have much to show.

I could enumerate some recent examples, but I don't feel like it. You probably remember many of them anyway...

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

Have you guys seen the box art for infinite undiscovery? there is no exclusive stamp on it.... I'm really not worried about wat SE does because i really believe that IU and SO 4 will go to PS3 i mean the japanese audience isn't big enuff for them to make their money back on those games..... Have faith folks

sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
Euphoria14 said:
sc94597 said:
What were you guys really expecting? I guess if you don't set your hopes high you won't feel dissapointed. I thought the news was great. Especially if we get to see the FFXIII, FFvXIII, KHBBS,KH358/2, PE3videos.

I am guessing the part where SE said they will have a HUGE announcement that will shock the fans in attendance.

What part of this was shocking? FFXIII demo in Japan almost a year from now?

Wait square enix said that? I thought it was just a rumor that started on some website. I guess that is dissapointing. It is quite dissapointing that we won't play FFXIII, or FFvXIII for a while, but I guess it was somewhat expected. These better be very good games for them to be in developement for what could be 6-7 years.

I also think people are a bit upset because SE supposedly said they will not be biased towards one particular console, yet we have 2 SE games coming to 360 this year, 1 exclusive, another exclusive coming early next year and not to mention XIII went multiplatform.

PS3 fans are still waiting here. Hell, Wii fans are still waiting, what ever happened to Crystal Chronicles?

They give the japanese gamers a demo. Other than that, we lose games and multiplatforms get delays just so we can wait for 360 owners. Even if the PS3 version is finished.

I really do hope this isn't all of the conference. I may own all 3 systems, but it seems like this company is losing me quick. I can't trust a word these guys say anymore.

Please return Squaresoft!

I also hope something gets announced for the Wii or PS3 so I can forget I ever wrote this about them.

It seems to me that they are bias toward the DS more than anything. I think once they start switching from handhelds to home consoles(if they do) we will see more games for all consoles. Right now the 360 only has 1 more quality exclusive than the ps3, and if you count chocobo dungeon which has a 80% average on gamerankings same as the Wii. I think it is more of ps3 fans and to a lesser extent wii fans craving Jrpgs. I think this event was mainly for announced games anyway. Hopefully TGS will be different.

The DS games actually aren't taking 4-5 years at a time though. At least SE is releasing them in a timely manner. You are right though, it is probably Wii and PS3 owners craving Jrpgs.

I mean all is well with the DS, it works great for JRPG's, PSP is recieving it's share as well with SO1/SO2/FF7CC,Tales,etc...

With Chocobo Dunegion, at least they gave Wii owners something.

By the way, since when is 80% average bad? Favorite Squaresoft game is in my avatar. 69.8% ranking. :)

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

I thought that comic strip was from VG Catc about how Miyamoto had abandoned the core gamers, and went for only casuals?????

rpgfan4ever2008 said:
Have you guys seen the box art for infinite undiscovery? there is no exclusive stamp on it.... I'm really not worried about wat SE does because i really believe that IU and SO 4 will go to PS3 i mean the japanese audience isn't big enuff for them to make their money back on those games..... Have faith folks

Microsoft owns the IU IP ...

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Around the Network
BMaker11 said:
I thought that comic strip was from VG Catc about how Miyamoto had abandoned the core gamers, and went for only casuals?????

Ever played Galaxy ?

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

@Euphoria Some people don't count Chocobo Dungeon because its a spinoff. I agree though. Hopefully we see some more stuff on all consoles soon. I'm happy with the handhelds though. Plenty of stuff to look forward too like VP, SO, PE, CT, and probably some more FF remakes(VI?) from Square Enix.

rpgfan4ever2008 said:

There is such a stamp, actually.

sc94597 said:
@Euphoria Some people don't count Chocobo Dungeon because its a spinoff. I agree though. Hopefully we see some more stuff on all consoles soon. I'm happy with the handhelds though. Plenty of stuff to look forward too like VP, SO, PE, CT, and probably some more FF remakes(VI?) from Square Enix.

Handhelds are the only saving grace for SE in terms of my wallet right now to be honest. In terms of console gaming, my money seems to be going to Atlus now.

I want to see more original titles like TWEWY or possibly if they could show me enough love... another Romancing SaGa game. *drools*  Maybe even a proper console Mana game.

Last Remnant may get a purchase out of me though, the SaGa team is supposedly working on it. :) I would prefer it on my PS3 though... why not make 360 owners wait until the PS3 version is finished?

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

:D
I thank you for your effort.

Take my love, take my land..