By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Konami trying its hands at retro revival

pichu_pichu said:
was "Zombies Ate my Neighbors" any good?

yeah i really liked the game

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network
Onyxmeth said:
pichu_pichu said:
was "Zombies Ate my Neighbors" any good?

Oh yeah. It would be perfect for some online co-op over PSN, WiiWare or Xbox Live.

yes it would the game rocks with co-op

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

I'm all for these--especially Rocket Knight--but anything printed in the rumor section of any game mag/site is instantly fed into the credulator and summarily shredded until actual proof emerges.

This is a worrisome sign. Retro Gaming is great. But this seems symptomatic of Konami's atrophying franchise library.

Metal Gear Solid is bringing back less and less returns.

Silent Hill has been a downhill trend since the second game in both sales and quality.

Castlevania has remained strong, but seems incapable of evolving into the third dimention of gaming with any real success.

With Metal Gear Solid having not even made its money back yet and the future HD Silent Hill games showing further signs of worry, they're exploration of retro gaming is most likely thier bid to keep their head above water.

If they make another Zombies Ate My Neighbors, I will cry. Please make a remake or sequel for DS.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

Around the Network
Onimusha12 said:
This is a worrisome sign. Retro Gaming is great. But this seems symptomatic of Konami's atrophying franchise library.

Silent Hill has been a downhill trend since the second game in both sales and quality.

Castlevania has remained strong, but seems incapable of evolving into the third dimention of gaming with any real success.

With Metal Gear Solid having not even made its money back yet and the future HD Silent Hill games showing further signs of worry, they're exploration of retro gaming is most likely thier bid to keep their head above water.

Well if they're looking towards Capcom's business model, this is them looking into remakes for the downloadable service the three consoles offer. I know Contra sold pretty damn well over Live, as did Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 1989 Arcade Game. This would be a good source of small continual revenue for them to bring older games onto these services. What you are speaking of are retail releases. Also why would you want Castlevania to "evolve" into the third dimension? Some things are better left in 2D forever. Look at Contra.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Onimusha12 said:

Konami's bread and butter remains Dance Dance Revolution in arcades and at home. As long as that game remains popular, they are fine.

How many cups of darkness have I drank over the years? Even I don't know...

Sounds awesome. Hope it's true.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

Sparkster/Rocket Knight FTW

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.