By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, what do you think of Wii Music now that E3 is long over?

Why would anyone want to air drum when you can just get Rock Band or GH4?

Ugh...

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
I feel offended that this game exists.

As a gamer, I agree with you.

As someone who is nowhere near a Nintendo fan, I agree with you.

Overall though, I agree with you.

First off: I don't think Wii Music is aimed at most of the people on this site. It's aimed for the soccer moms, grandparents, little kids, etc.

Secondly: I think the huge success of GH,RB, etc and intense competition on the music game scene may have largely made Wii Music seemed like a johnny-come-lately cheap money grab than a game that's been in development for so long.

Thirdly: I've been trying to envision how this would play. I can see this being fun to play with your young children - for a little while. Otherwise from what's been shown this game looks like Tickle Me Elmo. Something that's seems really cute but once purchased, doesn't hold your interest for any length of time. But then again.... Tickle Me Elmo was a 'must have' gift for a year so...

I dont care and am not interested.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

Zucas said: 

All I'm hoping for is there is some adaptive difficulty to the game instead of just the mode they showed.

This.

If the game doesn't have some secret level of depth, then this is a gigantic waste of code.

I get easily bored with rhythm games already, and these are rhythm games that have their own peripheral to make the experience more authentic, like GH.

But I don't even see this as being fit for my mother who's the biggest "non-gamer" I know. I've bought her a Wii and Wii Fit and she loves both (and Endless Ocean), but I just can't ever see her enjoying this for more than 5 minutes and that doesn't warrant a $50 purchase.

"I mean, c'mon, Viva Pinata, a game with massive marketing, didn't sell worth a damn to the "sophisticated" 360 audience, despite near-universal praise--is that a sign that 360 owners are a bunch of casual ignoramuses that can't get their heads around a 'gardening' sim? Of course not. So let's please stop trying to micro-analyze one game out of hundreds and using it as the poster child for why good, non-1st party, games can't sell on Wii. (Everyone frequenting this site knows this is nonsense, and yet some of you just can't let it go because it's the only scab you have left to pick at after all your other "Wii will phail1!!1" straw men arguments have been put to the torch.)" - exindguy on Boom Blocks

Around the Network

It's aimed for the soccer moms, grandparents, little kids, etc.

Yeah sure. Because grandparents like to pretend to play flute with a white controller to their mouth. This will bomb hard.

It's a fad!!

I blame Wii Music

Anyway, I'm glad they didn't try to copy Guitar Hero (and even GH3 could never live up to the best music game to date, Donkey Konga :P)

I think it will sell well (most first party titles do!), but I won't be buying it. I felt embarassed watching them play it on stage at E3. I got the impression that you are simply pressing buttons or using motion control to trigger preset notes, so you can't play the wrong note and therefore there is no actual "game" element to it at all. It would be like if Guitar Hero only used one button that always played the correct note and all you had to do was press it at the right time - but you get no points or have to face any kind of challenge. I could be completely wrong, but from what I've seen and read about it, that appears to be the way it works.

I have no problem with them releasing the game if there's a target market for it, but don't forget about the long time Nintendo fans who don't want every game to be dumbed down for the casuals!

Wii sports it a 6/10 game in my book. I am guessing Wii Music would be a 3 or 4 out of 10, but I am not buying it. Wii music looks like crap imo.

NintendoTogepi said:

I'm still pretty confused about it. What is it, exactly? You hold the remote and pretend to do stuff while the game does it for you? Why not wait for MotionPlus to make this, so maybe it won't have to play itself?

Still think its a waste of money, plastic, paper and all the fuels needed to move it around the globe, oh and I think it was a waste of development money.

All you do is push the buttons or move the remote. Whenever you want. However you want. There is no failing, there is no skill, there is no point beyond playing the set songs on the disc, which include such classics as Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.

I was kind of hoping at first this would be semi set up like Rock Band or Guitar Hero but with more instruments. I was completely wrong.

Plus there is the great qoute from the legend himself. From Kotaku

One question asked of Miyamoto was Wii Music's qualifications as a game. You know, a game game. Since Wii Music has no discernible scoring system, no goals and little in the way of those squishy innards that makes a game a "game," isn't it just a "musical toy"? That was the question posed by one European journo.

"Yes, that's right," Miyamoto curtly replied "And that's why it's more interesting than a video game."

He's flipped his lid. Seriously the dude should retire while he is still looked at as a god of video game design.

I own all three current consoles and a great gaming rig, now thats out of the way.

This space Reserved for the Nuggets of Wisdom dropped by Bladeforce:

"Why post something like this when all it will get is PS3 owners blinded to reality replying? BOTH THE PS3 AND BLUE-RAY WILL NOT LAST 3 YEARS! TECHNOLOGY CHANGED TOO FAST!"

"is it Wii FIt that has sold as many as PS3's sold? Thats a LOL Look at the total sales of software is it just me that sees Nintendo titles hitting 10m+ and you say they arent making a difference? Another LOL!"

"Hell, with all the negative hype Sony spin, people just aren't interested cost is too high and to get the true HD experience (1080p, 7.1 surround) you will need a $1000+ system. THAT IS GOING TO DO IT IN A RECESSION! PS4 will not happen"