By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - So, what do you think of Wii Music now that E3 is long over?

upcoming Wii games stink

Around the Network

Honestly, I'm confused and don't (really) know what to think ...

In ways when it was demonstrated I felt very similar to what I felt when I first saw Nintendogs, Brain Training and Electroplanktin. At this point in time I can say that I don’t understand the appeal of Wii Music but I’m not sure I will until I know more about the game, and even then I’m not sure if it was designed to appeal to me.

IGN said in its preview that its more of a game for toddlers as a "My First Music Instrument" kind of thing then a game.

E3 told me that too.

GOTY Contestants this year: Dead Space 2, Dark Souls, Tales of Graces f. Everything else can suck it.

As much as I love Nintendo, I will not let this "game" enter my home.

HappySqurriel said:

Honestly, I'm confused and don't (really) know what to think ...

In ways when it was demonstrated I felt very similar to what I felt when I first saw Nintendogs, Brain Training and Electroplanktin. At this point in time I can say that I don’t understand the appeal of Wii Music but I’m not sure I will until I know more about the game, and even then I’m not sure if it was designed to appeal to me.

I was hoping it would be something like Electroplankton. I loved that. Electroplankton 2 for Wii would be AWESOME, utilizing motion controls and such.

Oh, and that Miyamoto quote is insane.

Top 3 favorite games: Super Mario Galaxy, The Sims 2 (PC), The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

Around the Network

*repeatedly bashed head against wall*

This is the farthest game from being a game. This is more in line with relaxation enjoyment software. If you look at it from a game point it view it fails. HARD. This is a point that WiiMusic is not a game. If your not into relaxation software then it's not for you. It's not crap it's just not a game.

Anyone remember Mario typing tutor? yeah slightly gameified, but it was still mostly a teaching tool. WiiMusic is in the same style. It's just a tool to fulfill another job. Not the score points job. Some one said electroplancton. Yeah it's closer to that than anything else. Not a game.

Squilliam: On Vgcharts its a commonly accepted practice to twist the bounds of plausibility in order to support your argument or agenda so I think its pretty cool that this gives me the precedent to say whatever I damn well please.

I don't think it'll sell as well as wii play or wii fit, but prob still get a million.
And they're not implementing moton+ because this game is not about that, it's about anyone being able to play an instrument easily.

I think that being able to learn drums on it is actually pretty cool. I can do a drum solo and not wake up the neighbors. The rest of the game I'm not so sure about.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

It doesn't look good for me. It's not that the concept is bad, it's just that the game looks to have very little depth and challenge. Great part of the charm Guitar Hero has it's that is simulates that you're playing the song while also gives you a good challenge and encourages you to do better. For what I've seen so far, if it doesn't offer some kid of challenge, it'll become boring after an hour. Of course, the game will sell millions and millons, so I doubt Nintendo is concerned about that

I will just wait till its out and see for myself if its interesting or total crap.