By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - 56k will become obsolete....

when?  When do you think the ISPs will dump it?

Around the Network

When people stop paying them?

I imagine 56k is as slow as... the psp's internet browser? It's been so long since I've had it.

And that's the only thing I need is *this*. I don't need this or this. Just this PS4... And this gaming PC. - The PS4 and the Gaming PC and that's all I need... And this Xbox 360. - The PS4, the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360, and that's all I need... And these PS3's. - The PS4, and these PS3's, and the Gaming PC, and the Xbox 360... And this Nintendo DS. - The PS4, this Xbox 360, and the Gaming PC, and the PS3's, and that's all *I* need. And that's *all* I need too. I don't need one other thing, not one... I need this. - The Gaming PC and PS4, and Xbox 360, and thePS3's . Well what are you looking at? What do you think I'm some kind of a jerk or something! - And this. That's all I need.

Obligatory dick measuring Gaming Laptop Specs: Sager NP8270-GTX: 17.3" FULL HD (1920X1080) LED Matte LC, nVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M, Intel Core i7-4700MQ, 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3, 750GB SATA II 3GB/s 7,200 RPM Hard Drive

^ its so slow that it takes about 20 minutes to download 3MB mp3 song.

its obsolete here in UK, we even have fibre obtics now, i got 24mb adsl2 myself

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434

the adsl provider here uses it as an incentive for people to switch from cable.  They give 5-15 hours free dial-up per month with your adsl so that you can access the internet away from home.

Around the Network

There are still remote and rural areas where the 56K model may be the best alternative for Internet service for quite a while.

I would hate to live there personally because I feel my cable slows down too much sometimes.

Of course, I also remember 300 baud -- and being told that was the fastest you would ever be able to send over the telephone lines. (56K, which is 51.6 in reality, is 172 times faster than that).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Arent they obsolete already? I mean common, who uses them anymore? They are practically useless on todays sites...

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

There a still a lot of places in the US with no form of broadband. US is just too expansive of a nation for those services to reach everywhere.

It'll be quite some time for it to be completely replaced.

It's been obsolete for years.

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."