By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Floor #13, and Floor #0

a.l.e.x59 said:

I don't want the world to revolve around me. I want to world to revolve around facts.

The fact is most people don't care about these facts nearly as much as you do. Fact is, billions of people would rather live with the fact that they work on a floor that is not numbered 13 when in fact they are on floor number 14 which they realize in fact that it really is number 13 but would rather the floor be labeled number 14 because number 13 is a bad luck number.

And that's a fact! 

Around the Network

If such numbers are so horrible, than maybe the numbers need to change. You could replace 3 with ^, and 4 with *. Then...

0, 1, 2, ^, *, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 1^, 1*, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20...

Actually, let's not do that. I only hope that people would stop believing in superstition. There is no proof that exists. Any proof is only a coincidence. I'm going to make up my own superstition. "If you pull an elephant's tail, you will get bad luck." It came out of nowhere, like the others, therefore, they cannot exist. I wonder how the "black cat" one was created. Maybe, many years ago, someone else wrote a post like this, and made up the "black cat" example, much like my "elephant" one, unbeknownst that people would fall for it. If that's the case, expect it people to be afraid of elephant tails in the near future.

Numbers aren't horrible; people just associate horrible things to numbers.

Did you know that Friday the 13th is known as Tuesday the 13th in South America?

Did you know that there is no Friday the 13th in China?

Again, I, like you, don't believe in superstition, but honestly, I wish you good luck trying to convince millenia of tradition shared by billions of people otherwise - that believing in superstition is rubbish.

You should instead be thankful buildings don't all have their floors labeled "7" because it's a good luck number! 

superstition makes no sense. and so are the people.

I see Floor 13 on like...every elevator I've ever been in, I don't know what you're talking about.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

alex definitely has too much time on his hands. what can i say!

the Wii is an epidemic.

You know, I never in my life thought I'd see a potential flame war involving elevator floor numbers.

-Manella: Yeah... sux0rz! I hate missing out on food...
-Maya: Nick... what does "Sucksores" mean?
-Phoenix: No idea...

Well I live in Australia and I am happy to report that we don't put up with that kind of shit here

Every building I've been to has had every floor number available. I've never seen a lift where levels are skipped (unless the level is inaccessible from that particular lift)

So in other words, the rest of the world must be freaking crazy.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!

I have only seen buildings without floor 13 on the East Coast (of the US)

I'm glad to know that some buildings are normal.