By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you should buy a DS. 56k Warning.

Saying the graphics on DS is equivalent to SNES means you neither have SNES or DS.

Too many games. Too little time.

FFIV is surprising good even though I played it on SNES to hell and back and back to hell again.

The bosses are more detailed. I don't remember the rescuing of Rose is though, however. Did they bump up the difficulty much?

Around the Network

@Galaki The difficulty is suppose to be the same as the Japanese version of FFIV. The remake felt like a whole new game to me though, and I really enjoyed it. Great game.

sc94597 said:
Malachi said:

So that where all the RPG have been hiding these pass years! Damn, it almost make me want to reconsider hating handheld system(small screen *blegh*).

Well the screens of the DS and More so the PSP. Aren't too small.

DS screen size

PSP Screen Size

@Markers I'm think maybe PS2 or maybe even Gamecube level graphics. The leap from the GBA to DS was aboutthat of the SNES to N64 generation, so we could probably say the same for the next DS. 

But you can also play PSP games on TVs. That's how I play mine whenever I'm at home. Much larger image, but the quality is still fantastic.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

@Outlawauron Yeah I forgot about that. I still have to get the component cables for mine.

Edit: Too bad the DS doesn't have something like that.

I'll look at the PSP lineup then, see if there is some interesting title worth buying a PSP over. And yeah, Nintendo should really do something about being able to play there game on tv using the Wii like they did with the SNES and GB. Ok, so I am probably the only guy who want that and it would probably not make them any money but it would be totally worth it for my undying gratitude, right?

Persons without argument hide behind their opinion

Around the Network
Malachi said:

I'll look at the PSP lineup then, see if there is some interesting title worth buying a PSP over. And yeah, Nintendo should really do something about being able to play there game on tv using the Wii like they did with the SNES and GB. Ok, so I am probably the only guy who want that and it would probably not make them any money but it would be totally worth it for my undying gratitude, right?

I would love something like that for the DS. Only for games that don't use both screens often though like Contra 4.  I'm sure Nintendo could make one since they had one for the GBA.

Sc lol this list is awesome and there all still some games missing just a prove on how cool the ds is :)
Add
Pokemon platinum
Grand Theft Autos: China Wars
Guitar Hero:On tour
Guitar Hero:On tour decades
Elite beat agents(lol the best ds game is missing in your list )

Well those are the one's that I remenber there are alot more of awesome ds games.By the way thank's for adding Yoshi's Island(that game rocks)nintendo instead of doing wii sports resort and wii music(ewwwww) should make a sequel for new super mario bros on the ds.

Who doesn't have a DS?  They keep selling but everyone I know has one.

BTW it would have been nice if you had given a violent images warning.

once question...what about Catlevania Order of Ecclecia?

okay..besides that..pretty solid list....still some missing..like

Lost in Blue series?...it's a good adventure title

I'm still not done, and have alot to add.