By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why you should buy a DS. 56k Warning.

thanny said:
headshot91 said:
ohhh that list is great im still on the fence tho

if thats not enough games to make you buy... then you may as well never own any console ever.

No... thats just a stupid comment. I stated how the games list is excellent but i am still undecided as i already own a portable (psp) and so it is still a big decision for me to buy £150 worth of hardware and software. Just because the games are good (which they are) i still need to consider my finances and btw i hv or hv owned a ps2,ps3 and gba sp so i do own more than one console....

Around the Network

I just added Puzzle games.

headshot91 said:
thanny said:
headshot91 said:

if thats not enough games to make you buy... then you may as well never own any console ever.

No... thats just a stupid comment. I stated how the games list is excellent but i am still undecided as i already own a portable (psp) and so it is still a big decision for me to buy £150 worth of hardware and software. Just because the games are good (which they are) i still need to consider my finances and btw i hv or hv owned a ps2,ps3 and gba sp so i do own more than one console....

I own both and I recommend you to get a DS because I was in your position once and when I realize that I was missing out too much from just owning a PSP I when to japan and got a DSL at launch.

kira hibiki said:
headshot91 said:
thanny said:
headshot91 said:

I own both and I recommend you to get a DS because I was in your position once and when I realize that I was missing out too much from just owning a PSP I when to japan and got a DSL at launch.

Thanks for that good comments, would you recommend i still got one now? Even though the ds lite has been out for about 2 years (ie will there be a replaceemnt or redesign soon)

I will say that if you can wait it out, wait till next year Jan before getting one and hope that if they announce a redesign somewhere this year and also for more games to be released, or you can always get one now if there are alot of games that interest you now. You can always play the DS till a PSP that interest you is out and vice versa. I am spending more time gaming on my portables than consoles due to this pattern. I am currently playing my DS more with FE DS and sangoku taisen ten out and waiting for more JRPGs coming out. Both games were leaked here in hk btw on sale in shops now.

Around the Network

so i shall wait till next year? Are you gessing it would be just a redesign like the ds - ds ltie or a new platform with new games and cartridges etc?

Knowing nintendo it seems possible now that the DS isn't doing so well in Japan, so I would try and hold out till next year or end of the year unless you really want it now or just have nothing to tide you over till next year.

ok thanks

Good list, but why do you have Jump Superstars instead of Jump Ultimate Stars?  JSS is completely obsolete after JUS.

naznatips said:

Good list, but why do you have Jump Superstars instead of Jump Ultimate Stars?  JSS is completely obsolete after JUS.

I thought I added both.  I will add it now.