By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Left 4 Dead coming to PS3, ported by EA

This is really good news for PS3 owners. I am a sucker for co-op and looks like they will be getting one with alot of promise. Not sure hwy people are surprised or hating on EA when all they are doing is making more money and allowing more people to play the game especially if it turns out great.

By the way we don't know which studio is doing the port so seems silly to think it might not be someone with really good ps3 experience that could do a top notch port. Guess people are just used to blaming EA as a whole when they have some of the best developers int eh industry including bioware, harmonix, pandemic to name a few.

Around the Network

Does no one read the thread before posting? It's the RUMOUR mill, people. Why do you think they only showed that zoomed-in portion of the page?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Awesome, I wanted this game to get ported ever since my friend showed me gameplay vids on it. I know ppl will say it's "just another FPS" but even so, it has this charm about it. I think it appeals to me because ever since the early Resident Evil games, me and my friends have always talked about how it would be if RE was real and it involved us, who would use guns if the supply were short (apparently I wouldn't, I'd supposedly "end of shooting one of us") and who would die first. I feel that this is the closest I can get to actually living that situation.

naznatips said:
Just for the record, EA is doing the 360 version of Left 4 Dead too...

but as Munkeh said, this is a rumor.

Just for the "factual" record -  It's Certain Affinity thats doing the 360 version and not EA..

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

DMeisterJ said:
EA has to do this.

Look at their financials, PS3 is the revenue-maker for them.

No, it's not. The Xbox 360 is followed by the PC. PS3 was only top of the list in their Q1 FY09 financial report because of deferred net revenue. If you look lower in the report you'll see the actual revenue bought in by games, where 360 is first, PC is second and PS3 is third.

Around the Network
gebx said:
naznatips said:
Just for the record, EA is doing the 360 version of Left 4 Dead too...

but as Munkeh said, this is a rumor.

Just for the "factual" record -  It's Certain Affinity thats doing the 360 version and not EA..

LOL.  Yep gebx is right.  I hate when people make baseless claims.

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=36639 - Left 4 Dead Not Planned For PS3

Well looks like this thread is a bust... I guess that's what happens when people try to pass off facts from the "Rumour Mill" section of a PS magazine.

Who knows maybe down the line a port will be made, but not any time soon.

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)