By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Left 4 Dead coming to PS3, ported by EA

DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
EA has to do this.

Look at their financials, PS3 is the revenue-maker for them.

Hope it's better than Orange box.

too bad the world isn't about revenue, it's about profit.

And we don't know how much profit any of the systems make, so we can't go on that, so therefore, we have to go on what makes them revenue.

I'm sure the Wii pulls more profit, but as you can see, this game isn't going on the Wii.

Uhm, who said anything about the Wii?

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network
Sqrl said:
DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
EA has to do this.

And we don't know how much profit any of the systems make, so we can't go on that, so therefore, we have to go on what makes them revenue.

I'm sure the Wii pulls more profit, but as you can see, this game isn't going on the Wii.

It wasn't about the Wii.

I could have put DS, PS2, PSP, 360 etc in there, but the game is coming to the PS360, and PS2 is dying off, and it's not coming to portables, so the Wii was the only choice.

I just had to make an example of sorts.

DMeisterJ said:
Neos said:
DMeisterJ said:
EA has to do this.

Why didn't you say anything about high revenue allows for more of a chance at profit... or something to recieve a bigger budget?

Anyway, back on topic:

I wonder if it will have trophies or not...

Or if it's coming out at the same time.

DMeisterJ said:
Sqrl said:
DMeisterJ said:

It wasn't about the Wii.

I could have put DS, PS2, PSP, 360 etc in there, but the game is coming to the PS360, and PS2 is dying off, and it's not coming to portables, so the Wii was the only choice.

Yeah I still don't see the point of the last line.  I just don't see what another system has to do with your point.  Your first sentence summed up your position and didn't really need any help.  Granted it didn't really bother me or anything it was just out of place and I thought I had missed something.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

Not interested in the game, but I guess it's good. At least it reinforces the fact that EA is multi-plat. Mass Effect 2 anyone?

Thanks for the input, Jeff.

DMeisterJ said:
Anyway, back on topic:

I wonder if it will have trophies or not...

Or if it's coming out at the same time.

If not it'll be improved somehow....

Great news!... It's a well known fact that The Orange Box for PS3 wasn't as good as on the other platforms... But still, once you looked past the sometimes low framerate and the loadtimes it was an awesome game which was worth an 8.5 or something!

If EA is porting Left 4 Dead then I think it'll turn out awesome... I know Valve doesn't want to develop for the PS3 but I honestly believe EA will be able to pull of a sweet port of the game!... Their profit on the PS3 is much more then on anything else a.t.m.

And, if Valve isn't willing to develop for PS3 but EA is then PS3 is sure to get Episode 3 from Half Life 2... So awesome!

THE NETHERLANDS

Just for the record: IM NOT BUYING THIS GAME ON THREE SYSTEMS! Xbox360 and PC are enough TY very much.

So anyone with just a PS3 who wants to be my friend and ask me to Coop in this game can just leave me alone plz??!?!??!

I HATE ALL SONY FANS!!!!

Tease.

Sqrl said:
DMeisterJ said:
Sqrl said:
DMeisterJ said:

It wasn't about the Wii.

Yeah I still don't see the point of the last line.  I just don't see what another system has to do with your point.  Your first sentence summed up your position and didn't really need any help.  Granted it didn't really bother me or anything it was just out of place and I thought I had missed something.

The same reason that he implied that PS3 didn't make profit, I implied that he Wii does make profit.  He, I, or both of us could be made wrong, but I was just trying to bring the point home that if it was about profit, and his insinuation that the PS3 makes none, and since Wii games cost less to produce, his insinuation that the Wii does would make his point largely inaccurate.

Granted, he didn't say the Wii made profit, but you can't tell anything when people choose to make snarky, snappy comebacks, rather than have an informed conversation with someone.