By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Worst Planet in the Solar System?

Jupiter... Too many moonlights....

Wii Code: 4819-7684-2396-4558

Around the Network

If we're being serious, I'll go with either Pluto (if we count DPs), or Uranus.

Mercury - Interesting stuff coming out of it lately. Can support life in it's constantly-dark zones.

Venus - Inhabitable, until you think about the Cloud City ideas. At 1 bar pressure, it's the most habitable planet in the solar system.

Earth - Duh!

Mars - Has water, and can support life.

Jupiter - Has Europa and it's wonderful oceans, as well as Io.

Saturn - Has Titan, which has ocans and is a cold proto-earth in the making.

Neptune - Has Triton, among other things.

Ceres - Great asteroid colony if we ever needed to mine for resources.

Eris - Rather far out there, and a large TNO for bases way out there.

Makemake - Same as Eris, but even further out there.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

X512C X_X.

Uranus.

mrstickball said:
If we're being serious, I'll go with either Pluto (if we count DPs), or Uranus.

Mercury - Interesting stuff coming out of it lately. Can support life in it's constantly-dark zones.

Link? I couldn't find anything about that.

Around the Network

Venus - Apparently women came from there and we we all know how well that worked out.

Uranus that planet is terrible (its full of amonia)

ManusJustus said:
SuperSteveyLes said:
Venus also has poisonous air, so we couldn't live on it.
I believe we could live on Mars though, but it would not be a comfy as Earth.

Venus The surface is extremely hot with very high level of pressure.  However, 20 miles (40 km?) above the surface, both the pressure and temperature of Venus becomes similar to Earth.  So we could theoretically live on Venus if we had floating cities or cities built on stilts.

So all we have to do is build Cloud City and overcome the acid rain?

Sounds a bit complicated.

(Not arguing with you, just pointing out how difficult it would be to live on venus)

Rath said:
Venus - Apparently women came from there and we we all know how well that worked out.

Low blow....man...

mrstickball said:

Mars - Has water, and can support life.

Mars actually can't suport human life right now. They have found solid water on Mars. Water does not, and cannot exist in liquid form on Mars. It goes through either sublimation or deposition which is why we find water vapor and ice, but no puddles. Also, Mercury has a average temperature of under -100 degrees Celsius on the dark side. Merucry also is not tidal locked to the Sun yet so there is no permanent dark side.

I would say Mercury is the worst planet in this solar system. It is only the second hottest planet despite being the closest to the Sun, and is the coldest planet now that Pluto has rightfully been removed from the list. Only a complete failure of a planet could screw itself up that badly.

Starcraft 2 ID: Gnizmo 229