By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo makes $1 billion profit for Q1 08

BKK2 said:
What are "Inter-segment sales"? Japanese "Inter-segment sales" is where the vast majority of their operating income came from.

Those seem to be sales from Nintendo of Japan towards their subsidiaries (so basically Nintendo of America and Nintendo of Europe). They aren't part of their consolidated figures.

Around the Network

Ok, I understand now, that makes sense. We can't really break down operating profit by region as a lot of it gets counted as Japan. I should use consolidated for revenue, and they already supply that:

Europe: 42.8%
Americas: 39.6%
Japan: 11.1%
Others: 6.5%

This makes more sense, bad hang-over, so my brain's a little slow today.

Wow. Just Wow. That's so amazing! I remember Nintendo having years in the Gamecube days where they made less money than what they made this quarter...

If the industry keeps growing, and Nintendo keeps growing like this, how long will it take for Nintendo to pass Microsoft as biggest software company of the world, and how long will it then take for them to become the world's biggest company?

Guess we can expect Nintendo to be around for years and years

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Some bonus for the employees and shareholders here. Good job Nintendo...

Around the Network

I think I just died.

Good Job Ninty. G-ddammit, that's a lot of money!

mariozeldametroid said:
Wow. Just Wow. That's so amazing! I remember Nintendo having years in the Gamecube days where they made less money than what they made this quarter...

If the industry keeps growing, and Nintendo keeps growing like this, how long will it take for Nintendo to pass Microsoft as biggest software company of the world, and how long will it then take for them to become the world's biggest company?

edited: I misread your post.

Nintendo should just outbid microsoft from now on whenever MS are trying to 'buy' a developer

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Nintendo shouldn't outbid anybody.
This is what happens when 3rd parties don't support the leading platform correctly.
Nintendo was left alone on their own leading platform.
3rd parties everywhere just ended up owning themselves with their war of attrition, which actually affected them only.
Now it's too late. If MS 'buys' a developer, they both know what will happen.
Buying devs for them not to support the other loser can work, but when it's for not supporting the leader, it just doesn't. Both buyer and bought companies end up owning themselves.

Now all the 3rd parties can do is trip over themselves to catch up.

lol thats lot of money