By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo makes $1 billion profit for Q1 08

CrazzyMan said:
Have a question:

Back then Sony was using "shipped to our own warehouses" rather than "shipped to retailers",
do Nintendo and M$ are using "shipped to our own warehouses" or "shipped to retailers"?

See bolded.

To Each Man, Responsibility
Around the Network

And Iwata was worried about job security?Well I hope the put good chunk of that money on advertisement and R&D.If they do that they several more quarters like this in the wii lifetime.

I love fighting games !!! Come on challenge me !

If they use that money to promote more core games like wario land shake and Fatal frame 4, core games will sell way better.

NJ5 said:

For the whole past fiscal year (April 07 - March 08), they had $4.7 billion in operating income and $2.5 billion in net income.

Therefore, in a single non-holiday quarter, they just made almost half the net income of a whole fiscal year!

thx for the share. It was I was thinking : insane for a non-holiday quater ...

Time to Work !

kira hibiki said:
I wonder what they are going to do with all that money, buy developers, make more new ips for core and causal or save it for rainy days?

Come on Nintendo! buy SquareEnix!! NOW!!!

^^^ This is what you get for blowing a rumor out of proportion

Chocobo brain damage!!! Here, drink this diet Coke..*runs*

Currently playing :

VC - Ogre Battle March of the Black Queen
Wii - New Super Mario Bros. Wii
DS - Glory of Heracels

Around the Network
Sqrl said:
kira hibiki said:
I wonder what they are going to do with all that money, buy developers, make more new ips for core and causal or save it for rainy days?

Its going towards Project Lakitu.  Which obviously is Nintendo's plot to build the world's largest money pillow.

On a more serious note it will likely get added to their existing pile'o'money and be used for game development, hardware development, employee wages, and many other company expenses.

I don't know. Most major Japanese analysts predict a huge inflation comming (10% + for a few years). Just holding their money in Yen would be silly.

Hmm, maybe they'll invest it in Norwegian Kroner? They could buy up the national bank :P

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

silverlunar777 said:
kira hibiki said:

Come on Nintendo! buy SquareEnix!! NOW!!!

Imagine if Nintendo owned Pokemon, Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest...

They would essentially own an entire genre.

86.3% of their profits came from Japan. With the low exchange rate I can understand why Americas only makes up 5.8% of profits, but it's strange that Europe was only 6.3%.

Europe was bigger than Americas in Revenue too.

Total Revenue:

Japan: 50.8%
Europe: 23.8%
Americas: 22%
Others: 3.3%

Operating Income:

Japan: 86.3%
Europe: 6.3%
Americas: 5.8%
Others: 1.5%

What are "Inter-segment sales"? Japanese "Inter-segment sales" is where the vast majority of their operating income came from.

It depends on how they record their sales I guess, perhaps games developed in Japan by Nintendo count towards the Japanese divisions profit. Otherwise those numbers don't make sense to me.