By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - European Repari Company gives up on Red Ring Repairs for 360s

http://www.micromartltd.co.uk/

XBOX 360 - Micromart has now withdrawn from offering a Repair Service for the dreaded 3 Red Lights fault.

This problem is endemic on the XBox 360 console and the volume has made this repair non-viable.

Other repairs to the XBox 360 are still being supported.  

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

damn, the be ringed out.

Hmm. I wonder how many repairs they were doing? Hopefully, this could force MS to realize if issues persist, that they won't be able to repair the systems anymore, and will be forced to re-issue a better working 360 in hopes of fixing the problems.

IMO, this company no longer fixing RROD could be a blessing in disguise. X360Slim FTW.

But I was thinking today: If MS, when 65nm was instituted, re-released the 360 with a slimmer design (ala PS2slim), and re-configured the hardware, they could see huge boosts in sales - a better re-worked design would ensure far less failure rates, more sales to innovative design, and the 65nm would make it cheaper, allowing a price drop. IMO, thats MS's best solution to get the issues fixed, because it seems that they aren't going away for some people.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.

They will sell milions of consoles just cuz gamers will kep buying one and it will break they buy another and it will contine to break..Thats how they want to win the ocnsole war..

mM

Sorry but my English is not to good, what does "endemic" mean?

Around the Network
Equinoxe said:
Sorry but my English is not to good, what does "endemic" mean?

Pretty much saying prevalent but much more forcefully.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I dont know whats happening but 2 of my friends are already waiting more then 5 weeks on there xbox360. They have called microsofts helpdesk serveral times and everytime they dont know how long its still gonna take. What I do know is that the capacity to repair them is not enough in the Netherlands, my friends 360s are in germany. One of my friends had to wait 7 weeks, he got a free copy of gears of war and kameo, but the machine ate gears after 5 days. he is still playing with it though (not with gears, with the 360 :P). im the only one who i know has a 360 and has never had a problem (except some recent buyers).

mrstickball said:
Hmm. I wonder how many repairs they were doing? Hopefully, this could force MS to realize if issues persist, that they won't be able to repair the systems anymore, and will be forced to re-issue a better working 360 in hopes of fixing the problems.

IMO, this company no longer fixing RROD could be a blessing in disguise. X360Slim FTW.

But I was thinking today: If MS, when 65nm was instituted, re-released the 360 with a slimmer design (ala PS2slim), and re-configured the hardware, they could see huge boosts in sales - a better re-worked design would ensure far less failure rates, more sales to innovative design, and the 65nm would make it cheaper, allowing a price drop. IMO, thats MS's best solution to get the issues fixed, because it seems that they aren't going away for some people.

I agree completely with what you stated.  And it's a shame that a console with such an amazing library of games and such amazing hardware is being held back because of problems with build quality when it comes to overheating.

I dont know whats happening but 2 of my friends are already waiting more then 5 weeks on there xbox360. They have called microsofts helpdesk serveral times and everytime they dont know how long its still gonna take. What I do know is that the capacity to repair them is not enough in the Netherlands, my friends 360s are in germany. One of my friends had to wait 7 weeks, he got a free copy of gears of war and kameo, but the machine ate gears after 5 days. he is still playing with it though (not with gears, with the 360 :P). im the only one who i know has a 360 and has never had a problem (except some recent buyers).

My Wii just left Redmond only 5 days after I sent it there, I am glad I junked my 360 instead of fixing it. I miss 360 games though, not worth 130/yr in repairs though. My car is cheaper to maintain.

I would cite regulation, but I know you will simply ignore it.