By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - European Repari Company gives up on Red Ring Repairs for 360s

Forza Motorsport 2 users (a XBox 360 game which has just been released) are complaining en massa about system crashes, check this huge thread with over 900 comments and growing rapidly:

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/forums/1/178846/ShowThread.aspx

A few comments:

"Add me to the list. Mine freezes up about once per hour also, although its been getting worse. Console is well ventilated and in horizontal position. I've had the freezing problem and the "To play this disc please insert into an XBOX 360 console" problem. It occurs at the start up screen, in the menus, in the races..every part of the game. Like most people on here, Forza is the only game that I've had this problem with. When it freezes up I get a clicking sound from the console like a CD player skipping. Its frustrating cause I'm really addicted to the game....when it works."

"If we have problems, they should be fixed. Free. Because it's this game that is causing it, regardless if it's the 360's fault in hardware, THIS game is causing the hardware to fail and freeze and of couse I'm mad because I had to buy a new 360 because my old one BRICKED while playing Forza (no prior problems) and now my new one bricked too (playing FORZA) and I have to send it in for repairs. Within one week of buying it, my brand new out of the box 360 got 3 red lights. Because of FORZA."

Microsoft official response to XBox 360 failure reports: Well, things break!

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

Yeah Microsoft needs to do something and do it now before all this bad press pulls down 360 sales to below even the PS3.  Nah, who am I kidding, it likely won't get that bad but they seriously need to do something about it now.

OMG, Microsoft coverup in the works:

Microsoft deletes mass Xbox 360 crashing claims from Forza 2 forums

Great customer care.........................

Naughty Dog: "At Naughty Dog, we're pretty sure we should be able to see leaps between games on the PS3 that are even bigger than they were on the PS2."

PS3 vs 360 sales

Intercooler is only good if you have your 360 in an enclosed space where theres no ventilation otherwise its just a waste of money.

Microsoft Covering Up Forza 2 Crash Forum
http://news.filefront.com/microsoft-covering-up-forza-2-crash-forum/

PS3 vs 360 sales

Around the Network

MikeB: instead of posting offtopic three times, why not start a new thread? I feel that Microsoft mass deleting complaints about the stability of their game is perfectly valid news, and by starting a new thread with all three links in one post, you will not sidetrack this thread about an unrelated problem no longer being serviced by a (retailer?).

At the same time, what you are posting about is news and should be discussed, so why not make a new topic?

(sorry to go MORE offtopic, everybody)

Please, PLEASE do NOT feed the trolls.
fksumot tag: "Sheik had to become a man to be useful. Or less useful. Might depend if you're bi."

--Predictions--
1) WiiFit will outsell the pokemans.
  Current Status: 2009.01.10 70k till PKMN Yellow (Passed: Emerald, Crystal, FR/LG)

gorgepir said:
Legend11 said:
mrstickball said:
Hmm. I wonder how many repairs they were doing? Hopefully, this could force MS to realize if issues persist, that they won't be able to repair the systems anymore, and will be forced to re-issue a better working 360 in hopes of fixing the problems.

IMO, this company no longer fixing RROD could be a blessing in disguise. X360Slim FTW.

But I was thinking today: If MS, when 65nm was instituted, re-released the 360 with a slimmer design (ala PS2slim), and re-configured the hardware, they could see huge boosts in sales - a better re-worked design would ensure far less failure rates, more sales to innovative design, and the 65nm would make it cheaper, allowing a price drop. IMO, thats MS's best solution to get the issues fixed, because it seems that they aren't going away for some people.

I agree completely with what you stated. And it's a shame that a console with such an amazing library of games and such amazing hardware is being held back because of problems with build quality when it comes to overheating.

I thought that Xbox360 problems were being addressed with the new 65 chip. Am I mistaken here?

thats what I heard, but a 360 owner who is worried about it sayed it was a problem with both sofware and software and that it would happen when the consoles thinks that it´s beeing hacked or someone with a hacked console tryes to go online, don´t know if this is true but if the processor was the problem it would not be only 50 bucks to repair it

What is the life of the average 360 that breaks? Do they start malfunctioning after a couple of months, or is it a pretty once-you-got-it-out-of-the-box-you-know-whether-it's-gonna-break-or-not kind of thing?

@ alpha_dk

Sorry, I thought it was ok as it's related. There are so many XBox 360 failure threads already....

On topic: MicroMart: "We're not taking that thing on board, we won't repair them"

"We would probably end up charging GBP 100 for a repair and we still wouldn't be happy with the end result"

PS3 vs 360 sales

==> Do you think it costs Microsoft a lot of money to change the Xbox360 console that are broken ?

==> Have we stats to compare "health" of PS3/Xbox360/Wii consoles to see which console is the most stable (don't break)

Time to Work !