By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - European Repari Company gives up on Red Ring Repairs for 360s

steven787 said:
My Wii just left Redmond only 5 days after I sent it there, I am glad I junked my 360 instead of fixing it. I miss 360 games though, not worth 130/yr in repairs though. My car is cheaper to maintain.

Oh man you are gonna miss some fuckin massive games: Bioshock, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Blue Dragon.

If I was ever gonna get rid of a 360 (Which I am not) I would wait after all these games at least. 

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Around the Network

Well, here we only have warranty for 2 months, so people buy something called intercooler which funtion is to "cool" your 360, is not that expensive(35$) and I haven't heard of anyone who owns a 360 with intercooler with problems of any kind. Do european have intercoolers?, I think it fixs all the overheating problems.

PS Vita and PC gamer

CPU Intel i5 2500K at 4.5 Ghz / Gigabyte Z68 Mobo / 8 Gb Corsair Vengeance 1600 mhz / Sapphire HD 7970 Dual X Boost / Corsair Obsidian 550d 

Legend11 said:
mrstickball said:
Hmm. I wonder how many repairs they were doing? Hopefully, this could force MS to realize if issues persist, that they won't be able to repair the systems anymore, and will be forced to re-issue a better working 360 in hopes of fixing the problems.

IMO, this company no longer fixing RROD could be a blessing in disguise. X360Slim FTW.

But I was thinking today: If MS, when 65nm was instituted, re-released the 360 with a slimmer design (ala PS2slim), and re-configured the hardware, they could see huge boosts in sales - a better re-worked design would ensure far less failure rates, more sales to innovative design, and the 65nm would make it cheaper, allowing a price drop. IMO, thats MS's best solution to get the issues fixed, because it seems that they aren't going away for some people.

I agree completely with what you stated. And it's a shame that a console with such an amazing library of games and such amazing hardware is being held back because of problems with build quality when it comes to overheating.

I thought that Xbox360 problems were being addressed with the new 65 chip. Am I mistaken here?

leo-j said:
They will sell milions of consoles just cuz gamers will kep buying one and it will break they buy another and it will contine to break..Thats how they want to win the ocnsole war..

haha your sig is so funny :D, can i quote it?

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

mrstickball said:
Hmm. I wonder how many repairs they were doing? Hopefully, this could force MS to realize if issues persist, that they won't be able to repair the systems anymore, and will be forced to re-issue a better working 360 in hopes of fixing the problems.

IMO, this company no longer fixing RROD could be a blessing in disguise. X360Slim FTW.

But I was thinking today: If MS, when 65nm was instituted, re-released the 360 with a slimmer design (ala PS2slim), and re-configured the hardware, they could see huge boosts in sales - a better re-worked design would ensure far less failure rates, more sales to innovative design, and the 65nm would make it cheaper, allowing a price drop. IMO, thats MS's best solution to get the issues fixed, because it seems that they aren't going away for some people.

Yes that would be a good idea but probably by doing things right and building a quality product the console would be more expensive and by the time the PS3 would have reduced its price .In any case it is clear they have to do something about the technical issues .

Around the Network
Shido said:
Well, here we only have warranty for 2 months, so people buy something called intercooler which funtion is to "cool" your 360, is not that expensive(35$) and I haven't heard of anyone who owns a 360 with intercooler with problems of any kind. Do european have intercoolers?, I think it fixs all the overheating problems.

I have the Nyko 3 fan cooler if thats what your talking about. My 360 is an original launch 360 and hasnt had a problem, but I bought the Nyko since my boss has already been through 2 360's that overheated.

The Nyko really pushes alot of hot air, I stuck my hand back there once and it felt like my gf's hair dryer.

Its really loud though.

PS360 ftw!

Currently playing..........

Gears of War 2, GTA IV Lost and Damned, Little Big Planet (Yes I said I had no interest but my girl wanted to try it and we did and now Im hooked )

Is it really worth it getting an intercooler? Some people say yes, some no. Still haven't gotten a clear answer ever.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Hate to say this - but my housemate who has had a 360 since launch (12 months), says that his 360 is starting to malfunction. Some games and other discs are no longer being read correctly by the device (he might just be playing XBLA for all I know).

I hope the Wii doesn't end up developing "mysterious" issues (such as that GPU/overheating issue when left on standby for days on end). The PS3 could end up winning by being the ONLY reliable console...

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

shams said:

Hate to say this - but my housemate who has had a 360 since launch (12 months), says that his 360 is starting to malfunction. Some games and other discs are no longer being read correctly by the device (he might just be playing XBLA for all I know).

I hope the Wii doesn't end up developing "mysterious" issues (such as that GPU/overheating issue when left on standby for days on end). The PS3 could end up winning by being the ONLY reliable console...

What do you mean? Why could the Wii have malfunctions and why the Ps3 not? I have to admit though that my PS3 is not going to have heating problems, its not as good as the cube was (played 6 hours in a row and still it was very cold) but its staying pretty cold.

Dio - I doubt a X360 console revision would cost much. The only R&D costs would be in getting the engineers to re-design the 360 (maybe 1m), then re-tool the factories for the new 360s. There would be no new parts to develop or research. Look at the PS2slim, and the fact Sonys already said a new slimmer/better PS3 is coming.

Back from the dead, I'm afraid.