By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Worst game of 08?

Haze

I experienced this travesty with my own eyes. And ears

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

four letters: H-A-Z-E!!

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Biggest let down of the year = GTA IV. Way too over hyped and the review scores for that game were ridiculously inflated.
Worst game of the year i would have no idea. I do not waste my time playing crap games.

Stats87 said:
skeezer said:
Haze, too much hype.

from who exactly?

All I ever remember was "Haze is looking ok, but it is made by Free Radical so we have hope"

PS3 fanboys who predicted, that it will crush Halo. Seriously I heard that too often

Jumper...i think it got like the lowest score in history from gameinformer

Around the Network

I am using Metacritic and its advanced search function to answer this most relevant of questions. Which game is the absolute worst, and thus far into my search I have learned something very important. The worse a game is the less likely someone will find the sheer will power to play and then review said game. Basically there are a few games at the bottom of the pile that were so bad that nobody could bring themselves to review them. Thus far the lowest end title happens to be.

M@M Kart Racing for the DS which got a massive score of 17 from Nintendojo.

"There are a thousand better ways for gamers to use their money instead of buying M&M's Kart Racing."

Damn that is one bad game, and yet not a 10 like what Varmint Hunters got a couple years ago. However that game was just a display in animal cruelty.

Wait Kidz Sports Hockey for the Wii actually averages lower with a 15.

IGN says "There isn’t a single redeeming quality in this package. Don’t bother."

Wait it is a tie London Taxi Rush Hour for the Wii also averages a 15.

IGN says "Sloppy controls and offensively poor graphics -- N64 quality with a broken framerate -- combine for an end racing product that just plain sucks. Avoid this one at all costs. And if you've bought it already, burn it."

You know guys run your own seach this is pretty hilarious I gotta head out for work.

Well Alone in the Dark on the PS2 wasnt bad but it let down most poeple I guess ... it was not what I was expecting either ( and I wasnt expecting all that much to begin with ) .

Also , if anyone played Iron Man ... well yeah IMO that wins over AitD :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Actually, the Iron Man game was slammed about....that was pretty awful

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

alfredofroylan2 said:
If you really think the biggest disappointment of the whole year is a hyped game with good reviews

Haze had good reviews? Well from the official PS magazines and sites

Umm, going off gamerankings/metacritic the only PS related place that gave it a "good" score was PSM3 (UK) with a 71/100. 

Anyways, the actual worst game of 08 will probably be some piece of shovelware on the DS or maybe some free flash game that doesn't even work on PC.  But I guess it is more fun to say Haze.