By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Sony in danger of losing game crown to Nintendo

rendo said:
A bit late? They're a year late.

I'd say they're about three two years late.  In terms of their gaming dominance, the sound of Sony's death knell was "599 US dollars", and that sound was heard in E3 2005 2006.

EDIT: Thanks, celine.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Around the Network
Kenny said:
rendo said:

I'd say they're about three years late.  In terms of their gaming dominance, the sound of Sony's death knell was "599 US dollars", and that sound was heard in E3 2005.

E3 2006. ( the same E3 where there were long lines to play Wii and WiiSports ).

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

yep nintendo FTW

N64 is the ONLY console of the fifth generation!

bet with *no one yet* that the combined first week of Monster Hunter 3 in america and europe will be 600k or more! winner changes looser sig and avatar for two months!

Someone got the memo a little too late.

Pixel Art can be fun.

celine said:
Kenny said:
rendo said:

I'd say they're about three years late.  In terms of their gaming dominance, the sound of Sony's death knell was "599 US dollars", and that sound was heard in E3 2005.

E3 2006. ( the same E3 where there were long lines to play Wii and WiiSports ).

Ah, good catch.  My mistake.

Super World Cup Fighter II: Championship 2010 Edition

Around the Network
321tttrini4everz said:
lol....i am waiting for nintendo to pass 100million(home console) mark TWICE

this thread fell as soon as i read it

Nintendo will pass 100 million twice when they bring back the gamecube and it starts selling like hotcakes.

Gamer4eva said:
SONY has not lost it's crown.

The have sold like what, 250 million Playstation products world wide. That is alot in 3 generations.

They have titles that appeal to alot of people. Nintendo doesn't.

Taken from Nintendo site:

The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold nearly 2.4 billion video games and more than 420 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like Mario™, Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®.  

“In the entertainment business, there are only heaven and hell, and nothing in between and as soon as our customers bore of our products, we will crash.”  Hiroshi Yamauchi

TAG:  Like a Yamauchi pimp slap delivered by Il Maelstrom; serving it up with style.

Gamer4eva said:

The have sold like what, 250 million Playstation products world wide. That is alot in 3 generations.

Really? How do you explain all those Nintendo titles that sell millions upon millions?

slimeattack said:
321tttrini4everz said:
lol....i am waiting for nintendo to pass 100million(home console) mark TWICE

this thread fell as soon as i read it

Nintendo will pass 100 million twice when they bring back the gamecube and it starts selling like hotcakes.

hahaha......why are you insulting nintendo ???

celine said:
Gamer4eva said:

Taken from Nintendo site:

The worldwide innovator in the creation of interactive entertainment, Nintendo Co., Ltd., of Kyoto, Japan, manufactures and markets hardware and software for its Wii™, Nintendo DS™, Game Boy® Advance and Nintendo GameCube™ systems. Since 1983, Nintendo has sold nearly 2.4 billion video games and more than 420 million hardware units globally, and has created industry icons like Mario™, Donkey Kong®, Metroid®, Zelda™ and Pokémon®.  

The 250m figure is not even correct.