By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai: Rivals can’t compete with PS3’s exclusives

I recall someone saying this once I think it was the developer of Fable saying this will be the greatest Rpg ever or something like that and it ended up been false. I like sony the best out of the 3 but saying this in such a early stage is unheard of.

Around the Network
waron said:
Munkeh111 said:
waron said:

how come only LBP interest me then?
oh that was funny. Hirai should say something like this:
Hirai: we've got best exclusive on the market Killzone 2, BD movies, exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs, LBP, BD movies, exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs, GOW3... did i said BD movies, and exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs? oh and don't forget about FFXIII.
Crowd: But it's on 360 too!
Hirai: Did i mentioned BD movies, and exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs?

Yeh, cause Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, GoW, MaG and inFamous dont count

add between those titles "BD movies, exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs" and it's still the same.

What the hell are you talking about man?

pakidan101 said:
Munkeh111 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
As far as first party products, for me it goes :

Nintendo >>>>>>>>Sony>>Microsoft

So Sony is hardly "unrivalled" in that category.

1. Can you name a Nintendo game coming to the Wii in the upcoming future, there are only a couple, and I was not really impressed with them. Of course they have other games under wraps, but Sony do too. Sony make more games than Nintendo, even if 2. they dont quite reach the same quality

Sorry to single you out Munkeh111, but I have to raise a couple of issues on that comment.

1. You are right, none of us gamers really know what is coming up in the future when it comes to Nintendo first-party games. But do we really need to know? We already received a Zelda game (another is coming up, as promised by Miyamoto), we had Mario Galaxy (another promised to come as well), Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, etc. etc. (don't want to make a list like another fanboy) and we have Animal Crossing coming soon......do we really need to start questioning if they are coming up with games in the future these days? I say we should just sit back, relax, and play the games.

2. Though everyone has their own opinion on what is quality or not, if you are saying that Sony makes lesser quality of games than Nintendo does, yet aren't impressed with Nintendo games, does that mean you don't like Sony games either? Anyways, the point is that sales of Nintendo games have always indicated that there are many, many consumers that are impressed with their lineup, just like they are impressed with Sony's lineup.

Again, sorry for singling you out like that.

1. people are looking at holiday line-ups, and Nintendo's is not looking impressive, and sony also have a large back catalogue, and if you are comparing the Wii with the PS3 that does help. Anyway, you cannot just look in the past, and they still have to keep the games coming, and Sony make more games. There are at least 4-5 great PS3 1st party games each year, and I dont think that Nintendo can keep up that pace

2. I was more thinking of SMG and SSBB which I have no interest in, but do great with critics and fans, though I would personally take the Sony offering above nintendo

Munkeh111 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

Can you name a Nintendo game coming to the Wii in the upcoming future, there are only a couple, and I was not really impressed with them. Of course they have other games under wraps, but Sony do too. Sony make more games than Nintendo, even if they dont quite reach the same quality

The thing is everyone already knows about the new Mario, Pikmin, and Zelda - this is actually the substance of your arguement, the other games are Disaster and Fatal Frame IV.

The key point is that when making a game for the Wii, it's much easier to just make a copy of it with the PS2 than the PS3 or Xbox360. As far as certain Values go - the Wii is a hybrid PS2 with motion controls, however the thing that let's the Wii sell faster than the PS2 did isn't the motion controls - it's what makes it hybrid.

But back on topic:

The ammount of exclusives on the Wii should be much higher than the other two consoles unless you start counting XBLA to which I'd ask you start counting PC flash games/ mini-games. So I guess to avoid that, I'd have to add in packaged games to that ruler.

This is counting all that low budget, crap software and so on.

This issue is actually one of the many reasons why people consider the PS360 to be HD Twins.

On the other hand I feel Sony has quite a few IP's they can draw back on for release, and look at MGS4, that game is still exclusive and it's from a third party.

Some one did this in another post here.. but that was about 4 months ago.  They charted all of the Wii exclusives vs all of the PS360 and they took the extra step to use metacritic review scores of 65+ as a barr.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Bobo012893 said:
mesoteto said:
yeah that s some great pr, way to look like a tool

Dude, don't diss Kaz. He will break into your house at night and strangle you with his stylish (and sexy) pink shirt

nahh i am not worried, see little known fact but he is scared of a wii and can t be in the same room as them.....
if he is the wii will go into DKH mode and destroy him, those his fear and and need to put little quips out there about it

Around the Network

no wonder ... he should say that because he work for sony.

KAZ HIRAI

MAKING THE XBOX 360 RROD WITH HIS DEVILISHLY GOOD LOOKS.
SLAPPING THE NINTENDO WII WITH HIS PIMP STRONG HAND.

|Y|A|O|I|
¯¯¯¯¯¯My anti-drug™

axumblade said:
My view on this is simple. Playstation knows they're not getting anywhere with competing against Microsoft. There's too many people that already have a 360 that aren't wanting to jump ship. They also know that Microsoft is either shelling out money or good at convincing companies to go into a platform that has sold more. So basically, Sony is talking about their exclusives because they know Microsoft can't buy those.

While I do agree with you, doesn't that strategy seem a bit.....nostalgic? Didn't Nintendo pretty much adopted that kind of strategy during the N64 and Gamecube days? That didn't seem to go too well....

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

Munkeh111 said:
pakidan101 said:
Munkeh111 said:
TruckOSaurus said:

1. Can you name a Nintendo game coming to the Wii in the upcoming future, there are only a couple, and I was not really impressed with them. Of course they have other games under wraps, but Sony do too. Sony make more games than Nintendo, even if 2. they dont quite reach the same quality

Sorry to single you out Munkeh111, but I have to raise a couple of issues on that comment.

1. You are right, none of us gamers really know what is coming up in the future when it comes to Nintendo first-party games. But do we really need to know? We already received a Zelda game (another is coming up, as promised by Miyamoto), we had Mario Galaxy (another promised to come as well), Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, etc. etc. (don't want to make a list like another fanboy) and we have Animal Crossing coming soon......do we really need to start questioning if they are coming up with games in the future these days? I say we should just sit back, relax, and play the games.

2. Though everyone has their own opinion on what is quality or not, if you are saying that Sony makes lesser quality of games than Nintendo does, yet aren't impressed with Nintendo games, does that mean you don't like Sony games either? Anyways, the point is that sales of Nintendo games have always indicated that there are many, many consumers that are impressed with their lineup, just like they are impressed with Sony's lineup.

Again, sorry for singling you out like that.

1. people are looking at holiday line-ups, and Nintendo's is not looking impressive, and sony also have a large back catalogue, and if you are comparing the Wii with the PS3 that does help. Anyway, you cannot just look in the past, and they still have to keep the games coming, and Sony make more games. There are at least 4-5 great PS3 1st party games each year, and I dont think that Nintendo can keep up that pace

2. I was more thinking of SMG and SSBB which I have no interest in, but do great with critics and fans, though I would personally take the Sony offering above nintendo

1. Not to sound as an offensive person, but could you tell me what Sony made last year and this coming year as a first-person game? I don't seem to quite remember them as I thought I would.

2. That's alright, everybody gots their own taste :)

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

hell yea,HIRAI is right