By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Hirai: Rivals can’t compete with PS3’s exclusives

JGarret said:
Usual PR.

But why is it he´s so much more talkative these last few days/weeks???

I was thinking exactly the same thing lol.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Around the Network
Burgles said:
Here we go again, that Hirai dude doesn't know when to shut up does he?

Its an interview...they ask you questions, you have to answer one way or the other.

"Dr. Tenma, according to you, lives are equal. That's why I live today. But you must have realised it by now...the only thing people are equal in is death"---Johann Liebert (MONSTER)

"WAR is a racket. It always has been.

It is possibly the oldest, easily the most profitable, surely the most vicious. It is the only one international in scope. It is the only one in which the profits are reckoned in dollars and the losses in lives"---Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler

Pristine20 said:
JGarret said:
Usual PR.

Especially after missing E3

how come only LBP interest me then?
oh that was funny. Hirai should say something like this:
Hirai: we've got best exclusive on the market Killzone 2, BD movies, exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs, LBP, BD movies, exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs, GOW3... did i said BD movies, and exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs? oh and don't forget about FFXIII.
Crowd: But it's on 360 too!
Hirai: Did i mentioned BD movies, and exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs?

Pristine20 said:
JGarret said:
Usual PR.

Either journalists are doing more interviews due to E3, or he's in damage control mode. I can't tell either way, but both are definitely possible.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network
waron said:

Hirai: we've got best exclusive on the market Killzone 2, BD movies, exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs, LBP, BD movies, exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs, GOW3... did i said BD movies, and exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs? oh and don't forget about FFXIII.
Hirai: Did i mentioned BD movies, and exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs?

Yeh, cause Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, GoW, MaG and inFamous dont count

Munkeh111 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
As far as first party products, for me it goes :

Nintendo >>>>>>>>Sony>>Microsoft

So Sony is hardly "unrivalled" in that category.

1. Can you name a Nintendo game coming to the Wii in the upcoming future, there are only a couple, and I was not really impressed with them. Of course they have other games under wraps, but Sony do too. Sony make more games than Nintendo, even if 2. they dont quite reach the same quality

Sorry to single you out Munkeh111, but I have to raise a couple of issues on that comment.

1. You are right, none of us gamers really know what is coming up in the future when it comes to Nintendo first-party games. But do we really need to know? We already received a Zelda game (another is coming up, as promised by Miyamoto), we had Mario Galaxy (another promised to come as well), Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem, SSBB, Mario Kart Wii, etc. etc. (don't want to make a list like another fanboy) and we have Animal Crossing coming soon......do we really need to start questioning if they are coming up with games in the future these days? I say we should just sit back, relax, and play the games.

2. Though everyone has their own opinion on what is quality or not, if you are saying that Sony makes lesser quality of games than Nintendo does, yet aren't impressed with Nintendo games, does that mean you don't like Sony games either? Anyways, the point is that sales of Nintendo games have always indicated that there are many, many consumers that are impressed with their lineup, just like they are impressed with Sony's lineup.

Again, sorry for singling you out like that.

Explanation of sig:

I am a Pakistani.....my name is Dan....how hard is that? (Don't ask about the 101...apparantely there are more of me out there....)

They haven't released a high profile 1st party game in a while, we shall have to see how much better these studios can be with all the big releases later this year.

Munkeh111 said:
waron said:

Yeh, cause Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift, GoW, MaG and inFamous dont count

add between those titles "BD movies, exclusive meaningless crap like interviews on game discs" and it's still the same.

Munkeh111 said:
TruckOSaurus said:
As far as first party products, for me it goes :

Nintendo >>>>>>>>Sony>>Microsoft

So Sony is hardly "unrivalled" in that category.

Can you name a Nintendo game coming to the Wii in the upcoming future, there are only a couple, and I was not really impressed with them. Of course they have other games under wraps, but Sony do too. Sony make more games than Nintendo, even if they dont quite reach the same quality

I was talking about games already released (the only ones we can really judge after all) but if you wanna talk about future game that we know about, I must say the Sony lineup appeals more to me right now.

On the other hand, I've got more than enough games on my Wii, I barely played Mario Kart Wii because I'm still hooked on Brawl (and I want Okami and No More Heroes).

Signature goes here!